Confirmed Signing Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
no cos they didnt struggle to get in lower or midtable teams. not sure why you mentioned them as comparisons to coco

Because the original poster made the point that what top 4 team would sign a defender that would struggle to get into a midtable team midtable team.

Moses wasnt a starter for Stoke
Alonso couldnt get a game for Bolton
Chambers wasnt a starter for Southampton before he won silverware at Arsenal.

Anyway you lost me at cos.

no cos they didnt struggle to get in lower or midtable teams. not sure why you mentioned them as comparisons to coco

Alonso was in-and-out of the Sunderland and Bolton sides in his only previous Prem experience. He was very good at Fiorentina though.

Chambers was a young upcoming player but he was never really a consistent first-teamer in his time at Saints (who that season in question finished 8th under Poch).

Btw, this isn't me saying that Martina is as good or better than those two players, but they aren't bad examples really.

Anyway, if he comes in I'll support him and I'm pretty sure it'll be with the caveat that he would only be an extra body to help us through a busy season, which going into we don't have our first-choice full-back (who is a guaranteed starter - and rightly so - when fully fit) available for 5 months.

Because the original poster made the point that what top 4 team would sign a defender that would struggle to get into a midtable team midtable team.

Moses wasnt a starter for Stoke
Alonso couldnt get a game for Bolton
Chambers wasnt a starter for Southampton before he won silverware at Arsenal.

Anyway you lost me at cos.

moses was a starter for stoke
alonso was named boltons player of the year by the local paper, brilliant to get that from the bench.
chambers was a kid

all ridiculous comparisons to an ageing journeyman reserve

Calum Chambers
Marcos Alonso

Just players who struggled to get into lower then midtable sides who were bought and won silverware at sides in the top four.

My general point being there are many examples, i suppose it might be best to be open minded.

How has Southamptons defensive record been over the last few years?

Chelsea payed 26m for Alonso because he'd had three good seasons at fiorentina? How has he struggled? If your talking about when he was a kid at Real then your example is completely flawed.

Southamptons defensive record? What when martina has hardly ever played?

He's Ronko's beautiful elephant man. But we need FB cover. Other than him we have only Kenny and Connolly who need loans to the championship

moses was a starter for stoke
alonso was named boltons player of the year by the local paper, brilliant to get that from the bench.
chambers was a kid

all ridiculous comparisons to an ageing journeyman reserve

Moses played 19 games for Stoke, 21 for West Ham, won the tile this year.

Alonso played 16 games for sunderland in his most recent stint in the PL on loan from Fiortina, won the title this year.

Chambers was on the bench for Southampton in the main and went on to win the FA cup with arsneal the following yuear,

No one is disputing Martina is a journey man,
Chelsea payed 26m for Alonso because he'd had three good seasons at fiorentina? How has he struggled? If your talking about when he was a kid at Real then your example is completely flawed.

Southamptons defensive record? What when martina has hardly ever played?

The three good seasons were he was loaned out to Sunderland.Despite being named player of the year at a famous Bolton local player. Point being very good players sometimes go on to develop and be part of good teams. It's about being open minded and backing the managers judgement.. Point being very good players sometimes go on to develop and be part of good teams. It's about being open minded and backing the managers judgement.

Martina was rotated an awful lot with Euro16 winner Cedric. I'm not saying he is the second coming, yet Southampton's defensive stats have been excellent over the last three seasons, they haven't dipped when he has played. Despite being named player of the year at a famous Bolton local player.

Point being if we are looking for a right back to rotate with Kenny before Seamus comes back and has proven to hold his own in a competent defence and paying 100k a week for a rejected top 4 Zabeleta, then this lad seems as canny and value driven signing as there is.

Moses played 19 games for Stoke, 21 for West Ham, won the tile this year.

Alonso played 16 games for sunderland in his most recent stint in the PL on loan from Fiortina, won the title this year.

Chambers was on the bench for Southampton in the main and went on to win the FA cup with arsneal the following yuear,

No one is disputing Martina is a journey man,

The three good seasons were he was loaned out to Sunderland.Despite being named player of the year at a famous Bolton local player. Point being very good players sometimes go on to develop and be part of good teams. It's about being open minded and backing the managers judgement.. Point being very good players sometimes go on to develop and be part of good teams. It's about being open minded and backing the managers judgement.

Martina was rotated an awful lot with Euro16 winner Cedric. I'm not saying he is the second coming, yet Southampton's defensive stats have been excellent over the last three seasons, they haven't dipped when he has played. Despite being named player of the year at a famous Bolton local player.

Point being if we are looking for a right back to rotate with Kenny before Seamus comes back and has proven to hold his own in a competent defence and paying 100k a week for a rejected top 4 Zabeleta, then this lad seems as canny and value driven signing as there is.

ok pal you clearly rate martina. I'm not going to argue. if you think hes good enough that's your opinion. there is however always one fan on here who even if we signed peter andre would make a case for him

I must add take a look at steklenberg, another dutch free who couldn't get in the Fulham side. He came here and look how horrendous he was. if we do sign martina, take a look at this thread in 12 months time

ok pal you clearly rate martina. I'm not going to argue. if you think hes good enough that's your opinion. there is however always one fan on here who even if we signed peter andre would make a case for him

I must add take a look at steklenberg, another dutch free who couldn't get in the Fulham side. He came here and look how horrendous he was. if we do sign martina, take a look at this thread in 12 months time

Nah not a massive a Cuco fan to be honest.

Still better then Tim Howard though.

Alonso was in-and-out of the Sunderland and Bolton sides in his only previous Prem experience. He was very good at Fiorentina though.

Chambers was a young upcoming player but he was never really a consistent first-teamer in his time at Saints (who that season in question finished 8th under Poch).

Btw, this isn't me saying that Martina is as good or better than those two players, but they aren't bad examples really.

Anyway, if he comes in I'll support him and I'm pretty sure it'll be with the caveat that he would only be an extra body to help us through a busy season, which going into we don't have our first-choice full-back (who is a guaranteed starter - and rightly so - when fully fit) available for 5 months.

And am I not right in thinking Moses was a Chelsea player all along and was only on loan at Stoke?

And before that Liverpool?

Peter Andre.......lol

He's Ronko's beautiful elephant man. But we need FB cover. Other than him we have only Kenny and Connolly who need loans to the championship

Surely Kenny and Martina will rotate?

Kenny is ready, but he can't play every game. I have no issues with bringing in a player with premier league experience who the manager trusts to spell our young prospect now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.