Confirmed Signing Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd brought in some German/Spanish RB for £30M, nobody would have given a toss about Kenny not getting in the team. Amazing double standards to fit agendas. He's here, he's experienced and he'll get games. Was brought in to cover Coleman and that's what he'll do. Kenny and Holgate will get their chances - it's a big, long season ahead.

I don't think people would to be honest because if we were signing a £30 million right back it would probably be to replace Seasmus and I don't think Martina has been brought in for that. Just as cover, which Kenny already is. I dont think that's suiting an agenda, just a common sense rational of the role he's going to fulfill. I think Kenny will get his fair share of playing time between now and when Seasmus is back but I can see why some people are concerned. I think it was the right move to bring him in, none of us know what he's been told. Koeman might have told him to come and cover for a year, train hard so he can't ignore him and in a year we sell him for a profit and he gets the chance to put himself in the shop window for a year

Shame he's a fat purve old man who hangs around young people's bars in Southampton these days!
I actually studied in Southampton and the man is rightly a legend. I can't confirm his social habits, above. Certainly James Beattie and Kevin Davies weren't shy around town.

Given Le Tiss's loyalty to saints and role in rebuilding the club I think his 'Le God'status will stay pretty much in tact for the time being.

I actually studied in Southampton and the man is rightly a legend. I can't confirm his social habits, above. Certainly James Beattie and Kevin Davies weren't shy around town.

Given Le Tiss's loyalty to saints and role in rebuilding the club I think his 'Le God'status will stay pretty much in tact for the time being.

Lived there for about 12 years mate. Can confirm the stories you hear about Beattie are right. Don't know about Davies but can imagine as I heard some about his time at Chesterfield.

Also got some dirt on Gordon Strachan!

Sadly the Le Tiss ones are first hand as he was a right nobhead to a mate's lady while on a night out. It was a good few years ago but it did tarnish my view on him quite a lot.

I was on a bit of a fishing trip with my post, that's why I used Mori as my example. Was hoping someone who was defending Cuco was one of those who always slates Mori.

Think as @MorgsGoat said, Cuco is just an average player who can't defend, I think a lot of lads would probably admit that as well. The saving grace is he cost us nothing (apart from probably low wages) so not the end of the world with his signing.

The good news is that @MorgsGoat is also fishing and trying to bait me with his ageist jibes

The bad news is that I doubt he has seen him play..I have and he's way below average...

Status
Not open for further replies.