Confirmed Signing Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martina is being let go by Saints as he was on a 2-year-deal and Puel didn't really use him this term.

He was purely back-up for them and if he came here he'd be back-up for the kids until Coleman is back.

sign him by all means, but he needs to be 3rd choice behind kenny
In the whole of last season RK gave Kenny 10 mins in the first team. That doesn't suggest he sees him as a starter yet and I think he's unconvinced by Holgate at rb so Cuco it is.
I watched Kenny yesterday and he was absolutely outstanding so hopefully he can quickly push his way in this season. RK will have to be willing to give him more opportunities though.

In the whole of last season RK gave Kenny 10 mins in the first team. That doesn't suggest he sees him as a starter yet and I think he's unconvinced by Holgate at rb so Cuco it is.
I watched Kenny yesterday and he was absolutely outstanding so hopefully he can quickly push his way in this season. RK will have to be willing to give him more opportunities though.

let's hope with a good tournament/pre-season under his belt koeman will see his potential

What I don't understand is this argument about Depth? for example if we had Lyon away on Thursday and Chelsea away on Sunday would you want Martina to play any part?

If we're getting rid of some deadwood such as Oviedo why are we signing Cuco and giving Barry and Pennington long term contracts? doesn't it defeat the point of removing deadwood in first place?

What I don't understand is this argument about Depth? for example if we had Lyon away on Thursday and Chelsea away on Sunday would you want Martina to play any part?

If we're getting rid of some deadwood such as Oviedo why are we signing Cuco and giving Barry and Pennington long term contracts? doesn't it defeat the point of removing deadwood in first place?
Tbf, Koeman let Oviedo go because he's a really nice guy and a top professional who wanted to play games.

Had Baines gotten injured it would have backfired massively

Edit, and we need a new left back now

Tbf, Koeman let Oviedo go because he's a really nice guy and a top professional who wanted to play games.

Had Baines gotten injured it would have backfired massively

Edit, and we need a new left back now

We won't bridge cap to top6 by signing rubbish as backup, having Cuco is no different to having
Tom Cleverley as backup to Gueye.

Yes they can make up numbers but so what.

Spurs have Tripper and Walker, Chelsea Cesc and Matic, Willian and pedro. Whats point in being in europa league to fill our squad with likes of Cuco? he's not going to fill in and be as good as coleman is he. Real competition would be great but we don't have finances

Status
Not open for further replies.