2018/19 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply Kenny didn't take his opportunity when the chance arised.

Had Kenny even played under Koeman before Martina was bought? I thought he'd only played the Norwich game under Unsworth before that?

Kenny only really got a chance last season when Koeman was throwing things against the wall.

Had Kenny even played under Koeman before Martina was bought? I thought he'd only played the Norwich game under Unsworth before that?

Kenny only really got a chance last season when Koeman was throwing things against the wall.
And did he take it?

And did he take it?

No but I feel:

A. That's harsh. Nobody thrived at that time. Not least an academy kid. He had some good games like, he kept Mane in his pocket at the pit.
B. The original quote was referencing that Martina was brought in and knocked him down the pecking order. Then the point was made that he hadn't taken his chance so I read that as suggesting that is why Martina was recruited when Kenny hadn't really played at that point.

Too many excuses. He had a perfect opportunity with Coleman out and he blew it.

That's not to say he will never make it, he is still very young and I think there is ability there. But players need to take their chances.

Too many excuses. He had a perfect opportunity with Coleman out and he blew it.

That's not to say he will never make it, he is still very young and I think there is ability there. But players need to take their chances.

Incredibly harsh in my opinion. Had some bad games (Spurs) and some good games (Liverpool).

He came in to the Everton team at a time when everything was wrong. Sigurdsson and Tosun didn't thrive at that time so was a full back from the academy going to? I think he did well enough given the circumstances to merit his understudy to Coleman role that he now has.

Status
Not open for further replies.