2018/19 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was made a scapegoat for a shocking Everton team and an easy target for everyone to blame since the whole club was in shambles, I don't expect a RB to be amazing at LB and neither should anyone else. Never moaned or complained but it's somehow his fault for struggling in a position he isn't comfortable with, He's average at best.

He can't even take throw-ins! 50% of his throw-ins were foul throws; I think the referee took pity on him.

Potentially the worst footballer ever to wear to royal blue

A problem long before Martina came here.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/throw-ins.91896/

Just an aimless throw up the line to lose possession, over and over again. We even do it in our half when the 'keeper is unmarked or there's a simple ball on to a centre-half.

Not joking when I say we're the worst club in the league at them and have been for years.

He's garnered quite a fan base here on GOT hasn't he?One or two have even elevated him to super-hero status...

Nope. Not good enough for us or where we want to be and not premiership quality but people are suggesting he's the worst defender in the world. Talk about exaggerating!

You would think our defense was amazing and he single-handedly was at fault for all the goals. That defense was shocking all round along with our none existent DM's.

He was average but will do fine in the Championship.

Nope. Not good enough for us or where we want to be and not premiership quality but people are suggesting he's the worst defender in the world. Talk about exaggerating!

You would think our defense was amazing and he single-handedly was at fault for all the goals. That defense was shocking all round along with our none existent DM's.

He was average but will do fine in the Championship.
He’s in the Alcaraz class of crap defenders. Ignoring all this nonsense of him being on the wrong side do of course he wouldn’t know what to do, his positioning, general awareness and defensive ability stuck out like a sore thumb. He was woeful. It might be insane but people tend to not like woeful players.

Good luck to him. He performed a thankless task last season and proved what a consummate professional he is.

Quite simply one of the most limited football players EVER to play for us. And that's putting it nicely. Huge questions should be asked about the deal that brought him here - and pushed JJK down the pecking order.

Said it before and I'll say it again.

This lad blagged a premier league career for the past 5 years. Nowhere near good enough for this level hence why he was third choice at Southampton before he came here.

I don't know if we blamed him really. I think like Vlasic (no plan for him), Klassen (2 players in his position), Keane (no confidence and coaching) he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got unlucky. Not really premier league standard, and bought when we already had Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.