Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bad run is not limited to the current manager that many of you do not like.
The last 8 or 9 games with CA were also mostly a disaster. DCL played in those games.

We have not been awful for half a season, we have been awful for close on a year!

Having a fit DCL would not change this, but I agree we are much better with him.
Having a fully fit squad and the manger of choice would not make a great difference.

The fullbacks are not good enough.
Mina is never fit long enough to partner Godfrey.
We have Allen and Dacoure, but not third quality midfielder to play along side.

We are defiantly better with Richy to the left of DCL.

So even if we had a fully fit squad and a manager everybody agreed with, we would still not be all that good.
RB has found this out, CA already knew, this is not a good squad and why some lads think they are world beaters and capable of much more on a consistent basis baffles me.

I don't care who the manger is, this squad is not good enough to meet the expectations of some on here!

Please tell me what credentials Rooney has as a manager. Terrible shout!
Fulham top of champ, conceded 18
Derby ‘bottom’, conceded 21.

They didnt even have a starting 11 the week before the season and have loads of youngsters playing every week and players that are not championship standard but they compete every week.

They have only lost 7 games which is equal to teams in play offs. Won 5, drawn 10, which shows they are hard to beat IMO and given the lack of quality in the squad, they are performing well. And given our main issue is our defending and lack of fight, maybe he could bring that? Thats just my take on it

To be honest mate, he doesn't have options, and the injuries had made it even more difficult. Formations becomes secondry when you cant even decide which player is worse then the other. Take for iwobi vs Gomes? Or Keane vs coleman? Townsend or iwobi? Knowing Townsend needs rest, he is forced to play him because there are simply no options. Gordon isn't ready for a start, is goof for 15-20 mins as a super sub, and is still not mature with his decisions.
Oh come off it ffs

He does have options!

Yes the injuries haven't helped. But if you are going to play long ball - whether playing 433 or 4411 - then you put a player up top who can at least try and hold that up. You don't play Richarlison in that role.

Townsend needs a rest, but he's played him because he's punted Digne so there's no clear set-piece taker (not that we win many anyway). If he plays Rondon today, he could have put Richarlison and Gray either side and the plan then is fine, let's try and win those knock downs and have those two buzzing around and the midfield to cover.

There's options. The options aren't amazing but there are options. He's consistently picking the wrong ones.

Its baffling really, we've got a defensive manager who is playing unadventurous defensive football and yet.....we are all over the place defensively.

We must be the most horrible team in the league to watch.
I find us that dull me n the wife put on die hard 2... its a great watch, it may have had it's critiques but it still stands up today.. much better than an otherwise dull 90

I think he took it like a six year old kid.
Right. Brave decision by Rafael, but I would have done the same. Ointless keeping Richarlison if he sulks in 2 games out of 3 and only turns it on at home now and again.One thing about Benitez...he will sort this shower out, and anyone who doesn;t earn his money will be out. In fact I think thats what his brief from Moshiri is

Status
Not open for further replies.