Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has long experience of getting the most out of players who face higher quality opposition, and I'd guess that when he looks at the current squad he sees more quality than your average Evertonian sees. The animating notion behind this thread might well get a laugh out of him.

Dyche will never manage a club as big as Everton... .

And that's probably a knock on us....

Imagine saying we would have Dyche as manager when we got the Billionaire owner on board..... The men in white coats would be after you......

Only Everton can get the worst Billionaire and failure of a Chairman and still have him in that role.

Amazed Finch Farm is still in one piece this morning

He might be many things but he definitely isn't daft. He knew exactly what he was getting into before he took the job and for reasons only known to him he is up for it. He has wanted to manage Everton for quite some time if i remember right so he probably wasn't going to let anything stand in his way. Wish him all the luck in the world. If he manages to keep us up this season he will deserve a statue.

Simple question, his interview indicated he expected signings. Leaving at 9:30 was a big statement the the knew nothing was going to happen. In his situation would you walk he has no affinity to the club been there 24 hours and on the face of it been badly let down.

Did he know before taking the job that he was going to have to work only the players already at the club and put on the same front as this completely inept board who seen to think that stringing the fan base on is ok.

I’m a simple fan and we are all very aware that the club’s finances are in the toilet, we are building a stadium that our owner is personally funding and seem to be unable to get outside investment. If Moshiri had come out and said words to the effect of ‘we have no money we’ve buggered up and there will be no signings’ then at least he’s being honest and so move on. But no we get the interview ’if we need a striker we get a striker…’ total crap

This seems to be going in only 1 direction it’s going to get very much more toxic for the board. Our only hope is that we get a Newcastle/Ashley situation where the fans, team and manager unite despite the horror show going on above them but I think it’s gone too far.

No, mate. He would lose out financially, his reputation would be shot, and I think he's a better person than to do such a thing anyway. Tell you something though, if Sean Dyche took the job not fully knowing what type of people are in charge of our Club, he's been left in no doubt at all now.

Good to see a bit of rational thinking and common sense.

I'd agree entirely if it wasn't for our forward line. You're right about midfield/defence.

The paper thin attacking line will be our demise based on none of those players being up for the challenge.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin - still like the guy but something has clearly gone wrong. From the England squad to this. One thing a lot of people aren't saying though is how good he is at headers... Might come in handy.

Maupay - not even sure he's a natural striker. Not ruthless enough.

Simms - scored a few for Sunderland but he's not won over the fans here entirely. Off their estimations he's not ready for football at our level (yet)

Ayew - don't even know where to start on this. I'd rather have an u21.

Strikers are so hard to buy, even more so in the January window. But not getting back up in this area is negligent.

I have confidence in Dyche shoring things up at the back though
Yea, totally agree on the strikers being the weak link.
I'm not sure we were ever going to bring in a 10+ a season striker this window tho.

Dyches biggest task is trying to figure out how to get Dom scoring again.
As far as I can see, he's always done well under simple direct coaching. He always worked for Ferguson and his heyday was under Ancelotti and Ferguson.
Both times he was just an out and out striker being fed from the wings. Things started to go wrong when he was asked to lead the line on his own in a counter attacking system.

Another part of his problem was that he massively bulked up to play the out and out striker and then was asked to sprint around the place in a counter attacking game. His body couldn't take this. Again, Hopefully Dyche just uses him as a target man. "get in the box and we'll get the ball to you" basics.

He does need someone who can run playing off him tho and I've no idea who that is because I don't think it's Maupay or Simms.
There's an argument for playing Iwobi at 10 but he's not a natural finisher.

Who knows. But there are at least options. Ancelotti had to play with no strikers in some games!

We need 6 or 7 wins don't we? If we are to draw against the top team in the land most people would agree that would be an excellent start and a great boost to morale. Not sure why you can't work that out. Or do you require us to win every match now or something?
Mate, we need wins. A minimum of 6 but realistically 7 in a team that doesn't score goals with a manager whose teams don't score goals (teams managed by Dyche average less than a goal a game - and we have no reliable forwards). I'm sure Dyche will get us a few draws, maybe even against Arsenal, it's not enough.

Disagree. You cant compare premiership managers with the likes of you and me. They live in a different sphere than the rest of us. I would be very surprised if pride and legacy don't play a huge part in their mindsets. These are people who can handle huge pressures while operating at one hundred percent. Stress doesnt phase them and they are capable of working tremendous hours as hey are extremely driven. Thats one of the reasons they are so wealthy. Sean himself has said he is very comfortable. Money will be a factor but make no mistake he wants to prove himself at premiership level with a bigger club. This is his chance. He is a brave soull and I wish him the best.
There's no pressure on Dyche. None.

If we go down now, after zero investment despite being joint bottom, nobody's blaming Dyche.

Easiest job in football.

He's either a genius or he was badly let down in the eyes of 99.9% of press, pundits, fans of other clubs at the end of the season.

He's not brave at all, it's a no lose situation for him, especially after yesterday's fiasco.

I'm not sure we were ever going to bring in a 10+ a season striker this window tho.

As far as I can see, he's always done well under simple direct coaching. He always worked for Ferguson and his heyday was under Ancelotti and Ferguson.
Both times he was just an out and out striker being fed from the wings. Things started to go wrong when he was asked to lead the line on his own in a counter attacking system.

Another part of his problem was that he massively bulked up to play the out and out striker and then was asked to sprint around the place in a counter attacking game. His body couldn't take this. Again, Hopefully Dyche just uses him as a target man. "get in the box and we'll get the ball to you" basics.

He does need someone who can run playing off him tho and I've no idea who that is because I don't think it's Maupay or Simms.

Who knows. But there are at least options. Ancelotti had to play with no strikers in some games!
both times Dom has played well it was under a manager that liked a 4-4-2...

... I'm clutching at straws a little here, but hopefully Dyche plays his favourite formation & gets the best out of him.

For all my doom and gloom I don’t massively disagree with you , I just can’t see where the goals are . If dom turns up he can score a few then great but even if he scores 10 from now , which would be a very decent return we’d still need others to kick in . I’m also not sure Gray’s tactic of cutting in and shooting every time he’s clear will fly under Dyche so I can’t see him being prolific . Maybe dom and one or two from simms and another couple spread about could drag us over then line

Perhaps we’ll get a few from set pieces as well and squeak the 1-0’s but like everyone it’s the goals really worry me .

I actually think he'll take perverse pleasure in trying to keep this team up you know.

He doesn't need the money, that's for sure - he got a £16M pay off from Burnley. He's doing it for the challenge imo.
The £16m from Burnley was one of the reasons I was asking basically he didn’t need the hassle he’s set for life

Agreed he may like the challenge, but would he want 2 consecutive relegations on his record when let’s face it there will be better options for him than the basket case we are

Absolutely not, its a win-win for him. If we get relegated nobody blames it on him, and if we stay up his resume gets a huge boost. If you jump ship now, it becomes much harder to find the next job, because of the look of abandoning a club in need and sending them to relegation. He will be viewed as unreliable at best. The boards bad acting wont excuse his response to future potential suitors.

The £16m from Burnley was one of the reasons I was asking basically he didn’t need the hassle he’s set for life

Agreed he may like the challenge, but would he want 2 consecutive relegations on his record when let’s face it there will be better options for him than the basket case we are
the way he looks at it, if he keeps us up, he'll likely be the manager that takes us to BMD.
If he gets relegated there's a high chance we stick with him in the championship.

As much as everybody goes on about the style of play we can expect under dyche I honestly think he might surprise one or two. One thing he will do is he'll make us into a team that, despite whatever the result is at the end of a game, we as supporters will be in no doubt that the players will have given their all. He won't suffer fools so anybody not pulling his weight will be dropped. I think he'll just about get enough out of us to scrape to safety but it's going to be a close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.