Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he?

This is a kin to a goalkeeper facing a penalty.

It's a win-win situation. Keep us up and it's a great achievement. We go down and it was what's expected.

He can only come out of this situation better than he went in.

No, i expect he was told from the start, he couldn't sign anyone this window. Or anyone with a fee - only free transfers. I expect this was the plan all through the window, because FFP is still playing a part i reckon. I expect the sale of Gordon was forced on us for the very same reason.

But as ever no communication from the club at all, not that they would told us that exactly.

Its going to be a long old season fellow blues. But i for one have slight optimism, we will be set up to be hard to beat, and work for it, unlike what we have seen so far.....the bigger clubs will figure that out, but some of the other clubs closer to us we, hopefully, may beat, and hopefully we will scrape 17th or above ....

no.
I'm sure he'd have liked some signings but at the end of the day I'd say he was well aware that if anyone came in, they'd likely be squad fillers.
It seems fairly obvious that we weren't going to sign a starting striker and winger much as we'd all have liked to see it.

As for what he has to work with...
Fortunately we don't have an injury crisis at the moment.

He's light upfront with just DCL, Maupay and Simms but the way he plays doesn't involve rotation so he'll prob go with Maupay and DCL with simms on the bench.

wingers, he has McNeil, Gray, Iwobi and Mills. Again, no rotation, so probably Gray on the left and McNeil on the right. (or switched, i dunno) *Townsend to come back too.
Midfielders. Onana, Gueye, Davies, Doucoure. Again, the first two will prob start.
Central Defenders. Keane, Coady, Tarkowski, Mina. I'd say he'll go with coady and Tarkowski.
Fullbacks. Coleman, Patterson, Myko, Godfrey, Holgate. I Reckon he'll go with Godfrey and Holgate actually.

So he has a starting XI of
Pickford
Holgate, Coady, Tarko, Godfrey
McNeil, Gana, Onana, Gray
DCL, Maupay

And a second string of
Begovic
Patterson, Mina, Keane, Myko
Mills, Davies, Doucoure, Iwobi
Simms, (maybe Ayew)

And there's still Coleman, Townsend, Price etc.

In a weird way, we might be better off without the pressure of trying to shoehorn Gordon in to every first team.
It's not a terrible squad if DCL can find a tiny bit of form.

Arsenal and Liverpool are free hits so he has a good chunk of time to get ready for Leeds
I wanted Bielsa but that involved having some blind faith in the board, clearly a very stupid idea.

So no, Dyche shouldn't walk. He'll look at that squad and think he can get them to 14 or 15.

Yes.

He signed up for no players. I'm pretty certain of it. He did it to secure the job.

Now watch the lump of lard take us into the Championship where his football belongs.
How can you say that when you've been banging on about how he's the 'safe' bet or the one that gives us the best chance of survival?

Now you're laying into him like he's complicit or before we've even seen a ball kicked.

How can you say that when you've been banging on about how he's the 'safe' bet or the one that gives us the best chance of survival?

Now you're laying into him like he's complicit or before we've even seen a ball kicked.
All based on the assumption we'd get two attackers in.

Now it doesn't matter if we'd got Bielsa or Dyche.

Ah, he left at half 9 to get some kip. Them 4:30am training drills which get SWEAT ON THE SHIRT don't run themselves.

More seriously, he probably guessed it was touch and go on signings (puttingit mildly). If he didn't he's pretty naive.

no.
I'm sure he'd have liked some signings but at the end of the day I'd say he was well aware that if anyone came in, they'd likely be squad fillers.
It seems fairly obvious that we weren't going to sign a starting striker and winger much as we'd all have liked to see it.

As for what he has to work with...
Fortunately we don't have an injury crisis at the moment.

He's light upfront with just Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupay and Simms but the way he plays doesn't involve rotation so he'll prob go with Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin with simms on the bench.

wingers, he has McNeil, Gray, Iwobi and Mills. Again, no rotation, so probably Gray on the left and McNeil on the right. (or switched, i dunno) *Townsend to come back too.
Midfielders. Onana, Gueye, Davies, Doucoure. Again, the first two will prob start.
Central Defenders. Keane, Coady, Tarkowski, Mina. I'd say he'll go with coady and Tarkowski.
Fullbacks. Coleman, Patterson, Myko, Godfrey, Holgate. I Reckon he'll go with Godfrey and Holgate actually.

So he has a starting XI of
Pickford
Holgate, Coady, Tarko, Godfrey
McNeil, Gana, Onana, Gray
Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupay

And a second string of
Begovic
Patterson, Mina, Keane, Myko
Mills, Davies, Doucoure, Iwobi
Simms, (maybe Ayew)

And there's still Coleman, Townsend, Price etc.

In a weird way, we might be better off without the pressure of trying to shoehorn Gordon in to every first team.
It's not a terrible squad if Dominic Calvert-Lewin can find a tiny bit of form.

Arsenal and Liverpool are free hits so he has a good chunk of time to get ready for Leeds
I wanted Bielsa but that involved having some blind faith in the board, clearly a very stupid idea.

So no, Dyche shouldn't walk. He'll look at that squad and think he can get them to 14 or 15.
Good to see a bit of rational thinking and common sense.

I'd agree entirely if it wasn't for our forward line. You're right about midfield/defence.

The paper thin attacking line will be our demise based on none of those players being up for the challenge.

DCL - still like the guy but something has clearly gone wrong. From the England squad to this. One thing a lot of people aren't saying though is how good he is at headers... Might come in handy.

Maupay - not even sure he's a natural striker. Not ruthless enough.

Simms - scored a few for Sunderland but he's not won over the fans here entirely. Off their estimations he's not ready for football at our level (yet)

Ayew - don't even know where to start on this. I'd rather have an u21.

Strikers are so hard to buy, even more so in the January window. But not getting back up in this area is negligent.

I have confidence in Dyche shoring things up at the back though

What use are draws to us now? It's you who's looking for small victories, my friend.
We need 6 or 7 wins don't we? If we are to draw against the top team in the land most people would agree that would be an excellent start and a great boost to morale. Not sure why you can't work that out. Or do you require us to win every match now or something?

He could be completely unsuccessful here and still walk away with more money than you and I will earn in our lifetimes combined. If he fails here the media narrative will be that he had no chance and when a current mid-table side are in the mire next year, he'll slip straight in to that gig. No lose situation for Dyche. He's the happiest manager in the PL.
Disagree. You cant compare premiership managers with the likes of you and me. They live in a different sphere than the rest of us. I would be very surprised if pride and legacy don't play a huge part in their mindsets. These are people who can handle huge pressures while operating at one hundred percent. Stress doesnt phase them and they are capable of working tremendous hours as hey are extremely driven. Thats one of the reasons they are so wealthy. Sean himself has said he is very comfortable. Money will be a factor but make no mistake he wants to prove himself at premiership level with a bigger club. This is his chance. He is a brave soull and I wish him the best.

I wouldn't trust this board to tell anybody the truth so I can easily see him being told we were after X number of players to supplement the squad. No chance he'll walk because (no matter what people think of him) his professional pride (and a massive pay off if they sack him) will make him want to succeed with us. If anybody really thinks this board will have been upfront with him given their history of lies and half truths they need to give their head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.