Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we can ask is that there are signs of improvement over a reasonable length of time even If we end up going down.
Frank was given a duff hand but the job of the coach is to improve what’s given to him and he couldn’t do that. In fact we were going worse.
If Dyche can motivate them and get them playing to a visible plan, he’s done his job.

Simple question, his interview indicated he expected signings. Leaving at 9:30 was a big statement the the knew nothing was going to happen. In his situation would you walk he has no affinity to the club been there 24 hours and on the face of it been badly let down.

Did he know before taking the job that he was going to have to work only the players already at the club and put on the same front as this completely inept board who seen to think that stringing the fan base on is ok.

I’m a simple fan and we are all very aware that the club’s finances are in the toilet, we are building a stadium that our owner is personally funding and seem to be unable to get outside investment. If Moshiri had come out and said words to the effect of ‘we have no money we’ve buggered up and there will be no signings’ then at least he’s being honest and so move on. But no we get the interview ’if we need a striker we get a striker…’ total crap

This seems to be going in only 1 direction it’s going to get very much more toxic for the board. Our only hope is that we get a Newcastle/Ashley situation where the fans, team and manager unite despite the horror show going on above them but I think it’s gone too far.
He's been here before. He's not walking. Stop spreading more misery and anxiety.

Having read probably the same threads and all the same posts, I would say you are purposefully pushing the many posters saying we are down (I count myself in that group, then and now) into the same group who may have said we are down and it neednt be a bad thing, which I believe was very very few posters

Do a poll and you'll see how many think it could be a good thing.

Or just don't exaggerate
The mods have locked the poll I created on that topic.

To get us through 18 games picking up between 25 and 30 points:

Pickford Begovic

Coleman Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko Vinagre Mina Keane Holgate Patterson Godfrey

Iwobi Onana Gueye McNeil Doucoure Davies Townsend Garner

Calvert-Lewin Gray Simms Maupay

Phwoar that is proper stinky.

according to burnley fans he was quite picky with recruitment and only wanted players of a certain type joining the club, he's one of those who will try and get the best out of the current squad he has rather than bring players in who may not suit the club

To get us through 18 games picking up between 25 and 30 points:

Pickford Begovic

Coleman Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko Vinagre Mina Keane Holgate Patterson Godfrey

Iwobi Onana Gueye McNeil Doucoure Davies Townsend Garner

Calvert-Lewin Gray Simms Maupay
I reckon 36 points would keep us up so I'd argue from a perspective of another 21 points.

It's not a good squad but I don't think is absolutely beyond them now that there's been a managerial change.

@ForeverBlue92 still supports that statement - who cares what league we play in when we're just making up the numbers ?

Whats so great about the PL for a club like us who's simply existing to get beat every week ?

Difference between wanting to go down and being past the point of caring.

@COYBL25 still supports the statement, that you’re a prize plum.

I reckon 36 points would keep us up so I'd argue from a perspective of another 21 points.

It's not a good squad but I don't think is absolutely beyond them now that there's been a managerial change.
There's virtually no goals in that squad.

We can debate how bad/decent the rest of the team are defensively and in terms of midfield, but up front there isn't a team less equipped to score goals than this one.

Why on earth should he walk? Football managers are usually driven by challenges, and right now there is hardly a bigger challenge than Everton. If he manages to avoid relegation, and to some extent stabilize the club, then the price will be great in the form of recognition and reputation. If not, well, he's one of many managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.