Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
The death cult are pathetic. That's because they were willing us to be relegated from a position of real hope that we could comfortably leave the relegation places behind.

That's not possible now. My position isn't to wish Everton down, it's all about facing the reality of relegation now.

The actions of a lot of people at this club in the last few weeks have ensured we'll be relegated. The crisis we're in has many origins. Mostly the board and owner's, but there's a place there too for groups who failed to understand that the last manager and the lack of planning for players needed to be the object of protests way before the protesting for the removal of a board and owner who were going nowhere in the short term.

I think there were players to be had there yesterday but the club crisis made us unattractive.

Can you expand upon the bolded part Dave, as it sounds like a lie or an antagonistic exaggeration and I know that’s not your style being a peacemaker shaman type and all

I badly wish we got Bielsa cause he would have soooooo walked.
I think he was very wise to look at things the way he did. He knows with the finances that the youngsters are the only hope the club has and he loves working with young players. Going in and taking a look there before committing fully to the top job showed he wasn't in it for money. He wanted to thoroughly review things and make a full and proper assessment. How many managers / coaches do that?

He took a look, saw who he was dealing with and decided someone else could be the fall guy. Now we are going to get dull, boring football until we are relegated. At least with Bielsa it wouldn't have been boring.... we might have ended up getting spanked a few times but he'd have been prepared to blood some youngsters. Dyche won't risk that and will go for the steady old heads that have already let us down.

I think he was very wise to look at things the way he did. He knows with the finances that the youngsters are the only hope the club has and he loves working with young players. Going in and taking a look there before committing fully to the top job showed he wasn't in it for money. He wanted to thoroughly review things and make a full and proper assessment. How many managers / coaches do that?

He took a look, saw who he was dealing with and decided someone else could be the fall guy. Now we are going to get dull, boring football until we are relegated. At least with Bielsa it wouldn't have been boring.... we might have ended up getting spanked a few times but he'd have been prepared to blood some youngsters. Dyche won't risk that and will go for the steady old heads that have already let us down.
He came at Everton with an intelligent forward thinking outside the box proposal.

That was his mistake.

Can you expand upon the bolded part Dave, as it sounds like a lie or an antagonistic exaggeration and I know that’s not your style being a peacemaker shaman type and all

Yes, I can expand on that. There were loads on here even prior to the Southampton game who had us down and out and in the Championship.

There's a belief amongst them that relegation needn't be a bad thing, that it would lead to a cleansing of the club, rejuvenation and rebirth.

That was a pathetic line to follow when we were still out of the drop zone - and even when we were in it but had the promise of the transfer window to hand us some fire-power to get out of it.

Now we're at a point where it's done and dusted as far as I'm concenred. But that doesn't place me in the same category as the death cult.

Yes, I can expand on that. There were loads on here even prior to the Southampton game who had us down and out and in the Championship.

There's a belief amongst them that relegation needn't be a bad thing, that it would lead to a cleansing of the club, rejuvenation and rebirth.

That was a pathetic line to follow when we were still out of the drop zone - and even when we were in it but had the promise of the transfer window to hand us some fire-power to get out of it.

Now we're at a point where it's done and dusted as far as I'm concenred. But that doesn't place me in the same category as the death cult.

Having read probably the same threads and all the same posts, I would say you are purposefully pushing the many posters saying we are down (I count myself in that group, then and now) into the same group who may have said we are down and it neednt be a bad thing, which I believe was very very few posters

Do a poll and you'll see how many think it could be a good thing.

Or just don't exaggerate

Yea, totally agree on the strikers being the weak link.
I'm not sure we were ever going to bring in a 10+ a season striker this window tho.

Dyches biggest task is trying to figure out how to get Dom scoring again.
As far as I can see, he's always done well under simple direct coaching. He always worked for Ferguson and his heyday was under Ancelotti and Ferguson.
Both times he was just an out and out striker being fed from the wings. Things started to go wrong when he was asked to lead the line on his own in a counter attacking system.

Another part of his problem was that he massively bulked up to play the out and out striker and then was asked to sprint around the place in a counter attacking game. His body couldn't take this. Again, Hopefully Dyche just uses him as a target man. "get in the box and we'll get the ball to you" basics.

He does need someone who can run playing off him tho and I've no idea who that is because I don't think it's Maupay or Simms.
There's an argument for playing Iwobi at 10 but he's not a natural finisher.

Who knows. But there are at least options. Ancelotti had to play with no strikers in some games!

An option, as I see it, would be to accept that this team isn’t going to score that many goals from open the play and to drill the team to death on set pieces and utilise the likes of Mina and Coady on corners and free kicks.

Having read probably the same threads and all the same posts, I would say you are purposefully pushing the many posters saying we are down (I count myself in that group, then and now) into the same group who may have said we are down and it neednt be a bad thing, which I believe was very very few posters

Do a poll and you'll see how many think it could be a good thing.

Or just don't exaggerate

The only one on here, who genuinely wants us to be relegated, is the nugget @ForeverBlue92 as a day out at Wembley, for the Championship playoffs, would be a “ good day out “ and “ something to look forward to”

Give the man a chance ffs! It felt like we should be playing longer balls much more often under Lampard, the football was crap! The anger towards the owner and the board is totally understandable, things may escalate, it might not help us. Negativity towards our new manager now certainly won’t help us!

I'm disagreeing.

Death or Glory - the vaults will decide.

To get us through 18 games picking up between 25 and 30 points:

Pickford Begovic

Coleman Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko Vinagre Mina Keane Holgate Patterson Godfrey

Iwobi Onana Gueye McNeil Doucoure Davies Townsend Garner

Calvert-Lewin Gray Simms Maupay

Too many Karens posting incorrect and libellous statements about @ForeverBlue92 for my liking.
FFA87122-8664-4039-ADD0-149C2262F6A0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.