Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's virtually no goals in that squad.

We can debate how bad/decent the rest of the team are defensively and in terms of midfield, but up front there isn't a team less equipped to score goals than this one.

They're certainly not capable of scoring enough to sustain a leaky disorganised team that relied on last ditch tackles and huge saves from the very start of the season. But if Dyche can get them organised and not scrabbling to defend then I think there's enough there to get the scrappy 1-0s that'd make the difference.

My biggest concern is players completely crumbling during and subsequently after the Arsenal & RS games.

according to burnley fans he was quite picky with recruitment and only wanted players of a certain type joining the club, he's one of those who will try and get the best out of the current squad he has rather than bring players in who may not suit the club
Weird we appeared to try to sign just about everyone then .

In all seriousness I’ll be Glad if he is picky when it comes to attitude though , although I imagine he’ll get a shock when he’s dealing with some of our lot .

We've scored in our last five matches. For a team that can't score a goal, that's not bad.

They're certainly not capable of scoring enough to sustain a leaky disorganised team that relied on last ditch tackles and huge saves from the very start of the season. But if Dyche can get them organised and not scrabbling to defend then I think there's enough there to get the scrappy 1-0s that'd make the difference.

My biggest concern is players completely crumbling during and subsequently after the Arsenal & RS games.
We had a pretty frugal defence up to about November and the wins didn't come...and that was with more players than we have now.

There's no way of cutting this that gets us the required points, although it's absolutely understandable that some are looking for the points under this system and that formation to avoid facing up to relegation. But the owner, board and DoF decided our fate and that's that.

We had a pretty frugal defence up to about November and the wins didn't come...and that was with more players than we have now.

There's no way of cutting this that gets us the required points, although it's absolutely understandable that some are looking for the points under this system and that formation to avoid facing up to relegation. But the owner, board and DoF decided our fate and that's that.
FFS, Dave :D

Rap.jpeg

I’m more confident of performances in games where we challenge a Big Club.

It’s the Villas and Forests we can’t deal with.

Simple question, his interview indicated he expected signings. Leaving at 9:30 was a big statement the the knew nothing was going to happen. In his situation would you walk he has no affinity to the club been there 24 hours and on the face of it been badly let down.

Did he know before taking the job that he was going to have to work only the players already at the club and put on the same front as this completely inept board who seen to think that stringing the fan base on is ok.

I’m a simple fan and we are all very aware that the club’s finances are in the toilet, we are building a stadium that our owner is personally funding and seem to be unable to get outside investment. If Moshiri had come out and said words to the effect of ‘we have no money we’ve buggered up and there will be no signings’ then at least he’s being honest and so move on. But no we get the interview ’if we need a striker we get a striker…’ total crap

This seems to be going in only 1 direction it’s going to get very much more toxic for the board. Our only hope is that we get a Newcastle/Ashley situation where the fans, team and manager unite despite the horror show going on above them but I think it’s gone too far.

In a funny way I think Dyche can't lose.
- If we get relegated, I don't think it will be a big black mark on his CV, because everyone knows what's going on, but he can earn kudos from the way he tries to play, or whatever positives he gets out of this. He will get hired again, and he probably knows he's never gonna get hired by the top 6 - it's more likely the 2nd tier clubs that will always look at him.
- if we don't get relegated - it's a massive achievement
- he gets paid pretty well anyway, and I believe he'll get the total of his 2.5 year contract, won't he? Maybe £4m per year is my guess?

As for Moshiri, even if he says "we really really tried hard to get a striker" , there's no sympathy, because we haven't even replaced Lukaku, never mind Richarlison and the cover / competition for DCL - all of which we've known about for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.