Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this;

The integrity of last, I mean this season has completely gone now.

The length of the break, players lacking fitness and inevitable games behind closed doors means home advantage has gone - take the derby for one, we've played at Anfield, and now the Goodison one would be behind closed doors?

Greed has replaced common sense, but then that's football. Behind the multi millions spent on PR, it's a despicable industry.

I'd sooner see the season end now and just giving them the title rather than playing til August/September to wait for the inevitable. Along with the points you made, I cannot imagine players' hearts being in these final few fixtures if they're behind closed doors - they'll be just as concerned by what's going on as the rest of us.

I still think this;

The integrity of last, I mean this season has completely gone now.

The length of the break, players lacking fitness and inevitable games behind closed doors means home advantage has gone - take the derby for one, we've played at Anfield, and now the Goodison one would be behind closed doors?

Greed has replaced common sense, but then that's football. Behind the multi millions spent on PR, it's a despicable industry.

Good point about home advantage, the Goodison atmosphere missing would be a huge advantage for any visiting team.

If the season goes ahead then I'd much rather we were allowed in the ground. Perhaps ban away travelling fans?

There might not be a next season if what people have told me here happens re a second wave.

I'd sooner see the season end now and just giving them the title rather than playing til August/September to wait for the inevitable. Along with the points you made, I cannot imagine players' hearts being in these final few fixtures if they're behind closed doors - they'll be just as concerned by what's going on as the rest of us.

Players will be itching to play as soon as it is safe - like anyone else they are bored and itching to get back to work. The same applies to most people, whether a Brickie, a pilot, a bar man or anything in between.

Today's athletic - needs as massive * as it's written by Simon Hughes....

FIFA is to confirm an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish.

The game’s world governing body will also alter the dates of the summer transfer window and permit contract extensions for players whose deals run out on June 30.

The plans, which are likely to be revealed in the next 48 hours, will afford maximum flexibility with FIFA appreciating the spread of coronavirus is different in each country. This comes after UEFA last week committed to finishing the current season and was moved to deny a report that its own president, Aleksander Ceferin, had set a deadline of August 3 to complete all outstanding games.

While the decision from the highest authority in football does not take null and void off the table, it considerably reduces the chances of seasons being cancelled altogether.

Again - you cant give a single reason why. Why is riskier to play a game from this season than next?

Good man - spouting rubbish again. Not issue with you hammering home the void, void, void; it's certainly the most likely outcome, but you continue to suggest playing a game from this season when safe is risking lives, yet cant give a reason??

your a dog with a bone I’ve told you a million reasons in other posts. They’re throwing things around so just try and make people think they actually are looking at alternatives. Make no mistake it’s getting voided im certain.

even if it doesn’t but it will you can have your three quarters of a title and shove it we’re the sun don’t shine. Vermin disgrace of a football club. You wonder why everyone hates you.

I know this sounds horrible but there will come a point when governments start getting confident that the NHS capacity won’t be breached by the number of patients going forward and this will become like the seasonal flu in how it’s considered by people. Even if it rears it’s head again as long as the health service can deal with it it largely won’t make the news. People might not even know they have it in the future unless they become very ill from it. So further waves probably are probable but unless they overflow the health service like this one threatened to do so, I doubt we’ll see this kind of shutdown again.
There are starting to be voices that there has been a massive over reaction to this. Wont be reported on bbc, sky etc they only give the negative stuff about coronavirus and stories about the people who have died. The professor Neil Ferguson from imperial college projected 250- 500,000 deaths if the uk didn't go into lockdown. This panicked the Gov't into these restrictions closing everything down. He projected similiar with the foot and mouth with nothing happening so he has similiar
Now hes saying maybe 20,000 with the lockdown in place. last year there were 25,260 excess winter deaths in the uk. Not much reporting on that. People who are dying anyway are tested for coronavirus and as that is a recordeable disease that is added to the figures.
The world economy will crash if this goes on. So judgements will have to be made soon. BBC reports Australia rate has gone down and pubs shops etc are open with social distancing in place. Maybe the Aussies on here can give us their views on this. I have a couple of close members of my family with underlying conditions so I know it is a worry. I was due to have an ultrasound scan to determine for cancer but the nhs has cancelled everything. Will there be a massive increase in cancer and other health problems due to concentrating everything on cironavirus
This will be lifted soon in my view although I'm not a professor from Imperial college London

your a dog with a bone I’ve told you a million reasons in other posts. They’re throwing things around so just try and make people think they actually are looking at alternatives. Make no mistake it’s getting voided im certain.

even if it doesn’t but it will you can have your three quarters of a title and shove it we’re the sun don’t shine. Vermin disgrace of a football club. You wonder why everyone hates you.

You cannot even see the fact that I think this season will get voided and I have written that in numerous posts. What I have done is point out the challenges that come with void and suggested it isn't a simple fix that leads to no complications. From what I have seen of your posts, all I have seen is "Void, void, void" & or I'm certain it will be voided. No logic, no reason just shouting and patronising

Unless you have some inside track on the Government, Coronavirus and all football authorities, the reality is you are guessing like the rest of us & the fact that you have correlated a hotel room getting cancelled with the likely outcome of the PL, suggests you probably aren't leading National health or Sports discussions

*Where :coffee:

I am now of the opinion that it won’t be voided, it’s looking more and more likely that they’ll be playing again in June, probably behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.