City getting clapped off yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve just won the internet with that statement. It’s the exact diatribe Allardyce came out with in his post match waffle. We won nothing....City kept the ball without exerting any more energy with simple, basic pass-move-pass sequences. You can do that easily against teams with no plan, no desire, no confidence, no fight and no clue.
Absolutely amazes me that any Evertonian thinks there was any positive whatsoever yesterday.
Bleach cocktail please

I was joking like, it was terrible.

Was saying the bit about “if moshiri gets in wrong on June” pretty much word for word to me dad yesterday. Really worrying this at the minute. Can see him having the patience to throw cash at a manager for one more window, if we flop again next year I genuinely don’t know what he’ll do with us like
What will he do? He'll sell it back to Bill for £1 and walk away
Bill will re hire Moyes and it'll be like it was in 2002 - Plan A; don't get relegated and any position over 10th is a win and a cup run is a bonus

You’ve just won the internet with that statement. It’s the exact diatribe Allardyce came out with in his post match waffle. We won nothing....City kept the ball without exerting any more energy with simple, basic pass-move-pass sequences. You can do that easily against teams with no plan, no desire, no confidence, no fight and no clue.
Absolutely amazes me that any Evertonian thinks there was any positive whatsoever yesterday.
Bleach cocktail please
I'm assuming he was being sarcastic mate. If not. Ditto.

Nah, the Invisible Arsenal team hitting four past us were the best.

Wier and Stubbs must still be having nightmares about Henry, Pires and Bergkamp.

That team were applauded off at City on at least two occasions I can remember, they'd put 5 past us and probably could have doubled it if they really wanted.

It's not for everyone(I wouldn't do it for United) but I thought it was a sporting gesture on Saturday from a proper club.

All we ever needed, or need was 'The Goldilocks Option' of not to much Moyes and not too much Martinez. Both got carried away with their own Philosophical Infallibilities
In its present incarnation the DoF model has not worked, personally I dont like it, if I was manager I wouldnt be too happy if I got the sack due to the poor performance of players...is foisted too harsh a word?...foisted on me then being told 'you're the coach, coach him so he DOES fit the way we play'
Moshiri has set us back, hes over promised and under delivered
If he gets it wrong this June, as Ive said before we may well do a Sunderland and in the process he may very well bankrupt both himself and the club.
New stadium or not good luck to his retirement fund in trying to sell us on for 800M when half or more of that is long term debt

Which I can see without difficulty...and despite the poo poo-ers, saying what do you know and/or it'll never come to that. All ending up on OUR balance sheet and not Moshiri's

Great post, degs ;)

Was saying the bit about “if moshiri gets in wrong on June” pretty much word for word to me dad yesterday. Really worrying this at the minute. Can see him having the patience to throw cash at a manager for one more window, if we flop again next year I genuinely don’t know what he’ll do with us like

Yes.....and this is why I think Sam probably will start next season with us.

By this stage, Moshiri is probably like the proverbial rabbit caught in the headlights.

He might well be paralysed with fear and will opt for what he sees as the “safe option”.

It is all about protecting his investment now.

And he ain’t going to roll the dice and take a chance on a progressive manager.

We all accept mediocrity, from the fan base to the owners to the manager to the pundits.

Rival fans think we’re pointless. Our own fans get carried away by signings like Schneiderlin and other dross from Man U (Rooney).

Until our whole approach and philosophy changes, we’ll always be a nothing club.

Sick of Everton, not even bothered anymore.

Bang on.

I'll always love Everton and always watch Everton but in the last 30 years we've become a mediocre club that's widely regarded as being on the same level as the likes of Stoke.

Hopefully a new world-class stadium will change things to some degree.

We have spent a long long time with managers who only have a plan A. (If it can be called that)
All as bad as each other.

The Fat Slug is still on course to finish higher than Martinez managed in his last two seasons..

Some in these parts forget how poor we were for those 2 years.
Koeman just changed the face of the poorness, then SA!

We have been poor for 4 years with no check to the slide, that is my biggest worry is when does it stop?

You keep on going back to the "we as a club want better like Martinez had shown us" route. It's not black and white mate. Martinez had no idea how to break down a team, he loved possession but had no idea what to do with it and he had no inclination or knowledge of how to set up a defensive unit.

He wasn't sacked because people wanted ugly football, he was sacked because he was incompetent at his job.

THIS

Haven't been able to read the whole thread, but it's interesting watching old season review videos, the Gwladys St regularly clapped opposition goals even if we were getting dry bummed, as was invariably the case in the early 90s. I was only a kid back then so have no idea how this was seen by the majority, but it is really noticeable.

It's not for me personally anyway - I didn't like it when some people clapped Naismith's goal for Norwich in the cup last season, but it's interesting how football has changed.

We all accept mediocrity, from the fan base to the owners to the manager to the pundits.

Rival fans think we’re pointless. Our own fans get carried away by signings like Schneiderlin and other dross from Man U (Rooney).

Until our whole approach and philosophy changes, we’ll always be a nothing club.

Sick of Everton, not even bothered anymore.

Everton are not a nothing club.Oh and it's Everton btw.Not Everton.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.