City getting clapped off yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Is this a tacit admission that when we got shut of Roberto the much sought after decision to go with brawn rather than brain; fitness over finesse; territory over possession was the wrong one to make?

Now I'm not equating RM's Everton with Guardiola's City (in fact, this has nothing much to do with either man but all to do with the chosen methodological route wanted by fans and provided in the last two FT managerial appointments).

Have we learned a harsh lesson here over the last two seasons? I think we have. There was a hasty retreat made back to Moyes era football at a time when Moyes era football has simply broken down as a model. I think we're lost as a club and we need some drastic surgery to at least put us back on the road to renewal. There's no going back to Moyes. There's no future in that. I just wonder whether yesterday's game and fan reaction to it will have given those in decision making positions pause for thought.

We all accept mediocrity, from the fan base to the owners to the manager to the pundits.

Rival fans think we’re pointless. Our own fans get carried away by signings like Schneiderlin and other dross from Man U (Rooney).

Until our whole approach and philosophy changes, we’ll always be a nothing club.

Sick of Everton, not even bothered anymore.

Is this a tacit admission that when we got shut of Roberto the much sought after decision to go with brawn rather than brain; fitness over finesse; territory over possession was the wrong one to make?

Now I'm not equating RM's Everton with Guardiola's City (in fact, this has nothing much to do with either man but all to do with the chosen methodological route wanted by fans and provided in the last two FT managerial appointments).

Have we learned a harsh lesson here over the last two seasons? I think we have. There was a hasty retreat made back to Moyes era football at a time when Moyes era football has simply broken down as a model. I think we're lost as a club and we need some drastic surgery to at least put us back on the road to renewal. There's no going back to Moyes. There's no future in that. I just wonder whether yesterday's game and fan reaction to it will have given those in decision making positions pause for thought.

I definitely think we're lost as a club. We simply have to define our identity (so long as it's a positive one) and plot a route back towards the top. If those in charge have any brains, they'll be doing this now, and sorting the appointments of those who can take us there.

You keep on going back to the "we as a club want better like Martinez had shown us" route. It's not black and white mate. Martinez had no idea how to break down a team, he loved possession but had no idea what to do with it and he had no inclination or knowledge of how to set up a defensive unit.

He wasn't sacked because people wanted ugly football, he was sacked because he was incompetent at his job.

It’s all well and good having the attacking side of the game right, but Martinez was too stubborn to recognise that we had a massive defensive problem.

Had he of shown even the slightest of inkling that he was prepared to address the problem, he maybe could of been given more time. When Stoke are hitting 4 past you at your own ground, you know something is wrong. Also, that 3-2 defeat to West Ham is the worst bit of management I have EVER seen.

Whilst I don't particularly disagree with anything you say there Dave, I don't think it has anything to do with City being clapped off by Evertonian's yesterday.

I wouldn't say it's a tradition per se, but there is definitely a history of Evertonian's acknowledgement of the opposition when they have put in a particularly good performance at Goodison (the RS excepted of course). As a fan base we appreciate good football and yesterday, as hard as it may be to accept our own teams performance, we were privileged to watch a special performance by an extremely talented football team at the very top of their game. Personally, I'd go as far as to say that is the best performance I have ever seen against Everton.

Whilst I don't particularly disagree with anything you say there Dave, I don't think it has anything to do with City being clapped off by Evertonian's yesterday.

I wouldn't say it's a tradition per se, but there is definitely a history of Evertonian's acknowledgement of the opposition when they have put in a particularly good performance at Goodison (the RS excepted of course). As a fan base we appreciate good football and yesterday, as hard as it may be to accept our own teams performance, we were privileged to watch a special performance by an extremely talented football team at the very top of their game. Personally, I'd go as far as to say that is the best performance I have ever seen against Everton.
Nah, the Invisible Arsenal team hitting four past us were the best.

Wier and Stubbs must still be having nightmares about Henry, Pires and Bergkamp.

With due respect Dave, shut up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.