Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 - Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored more goals against Chelsea than any other team.

6 - Steven Naismith scored 6 goals in 6 games against Chelsea while playing for Everton.

Pointless but not pointless stat of the day.

We already broke one 20+ year hoodoo with Kavanagh in the black (or turquoise, or "atomic watermelon" - or whatever)

It has to happen. Please. I can't take any more Sky flashbacks detailing our last win at "XXX", with the footage in 4:3 ratio and some jarg 90s music of the day playing over it.

Half of Stamford Bridge was being demolished last time we won there FFS.....
Only half?
7896C766-4F93-4574-B8B7-E5A3656E85FC.jpeg

What I’d give to stick a prime tim or Mikel in this side

Be nice to just have some more creativity coming from our right hand side, you can see how we had a blend of attacking options in them goals, not just mostly coming from one side as they tend to these days.

Win this one and the positivity will be sky high and I think we can all really start to dream of a top 4 place. Draw will be good result against a good Chelsea team at their place. Big game, COYB!!

With Man City having likely wrapped up the league title by the time we play them on the last day of the season, you could make a case for this being our toughest league game left.

I think we can get a result tomorrow, but whatever happens we're in a good place to have a proper go at top 4. And, to be honest, I think the run Chelsea are on atm they're a shoe in for it. If we make it, it won't be at the expense of them.

With Man City having likely wrapped up the league title by the time we play them on the last day of the season, you could make a case for this being our toughest league game left.

I think we can get a result tomorrow, but whatever happens we're in a good place to have a proper go at top 4. And, to be honest, I think the run Chelsea are on atm they're a shoe in for it. If we make it, it won't be at the expense of them.
City will still be very tough, championship presented to 10,000 fans on the day, so i doubt they will take it easy on us no matter who played then, but as ever its all about how we play on the day just like it is against any team no matter what position they are in the league

If rumours of Doucoure being out for the season are true we can kiss goodbye to 4th / FA Cup imo :dodgy:

Even if he's out just for this one will mean potentially needing to risk playing Allan again with Gylfi & Gomes which doesnt inspire confidence.

Hope Davies is back.

City will still be very tough, championship presented to 10,000 fans on the day, so i doubt they will take it easy on us no matter who played then, but as ever its all about how we play on the day just like it is against any team no matter what position they are in the league
This.
One game at a time

This is the same Chelsea team that drew against Wolves Southampton and United and have also scored a low number under Tuchel? I don’t know why anyone would think we’re getting battered. No one has battered us this season. If we score it will be extremely difficult for them to win the game.

If rumours of Doucoure being out for the season are true we can kiss goodbye to 4th / FA Cup imo :dodgy:

Even if he's out just for this one will mean potentially needing to risk playing Allan again with Gylfi & Gomes which doesnt inspire confidence.

Hope Davies is back.

Doucoure out will be a massive blow if he is. Literally no other player within the team that offers us what he does. Maybe Allan could take on that box to box role with Davies sitting and Gomes... well doing what Gomes does really and just playing it safe (passing wise). Think it would work. Hopefully Doucs is ok though.

Status
Not open for further replies.