Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what little I've seen of Chelsea lately they seem to be effective but pretty direct, so keeping tight defensive discipline should be the first priority. In any event I suspect that if our goal difference is presently 5, after this match it'll either be 4 or 6. C'mon 6!

Pickford
Holgate----Keane---Godfrey---Digne
Coleman---Doucoure--Allan---Richarlison
----James
DCL----
Coleman to really guard and support that right side in a similar fashion to the derby, freeing up James, will be a tough old job for Richarlison but with Allan covering hopefully we can get him supporting DCL up top more.

We can win here, crossing every possible body part I can cross.... granted my next erection is going to be very painful.

I feel like they are a relatively small side. Having Holgate and Godfrey in there should help a lot with any breaks they have.

Oddly enough, I'm not really worried about this match. We set up best against teams who are "better" than us usually.

I see a 0-0 or '1 goal in it' again game here. I really do not see them opening up the wall and frankly I am not sure we have enough to break them down in open play since their defense got better. Maybe a penno either way??
We are due a bad VAR decision...
I think it will be a good game with us ceding the vast majority of possession. Perhaps Davies or Allan can do a job stopping Mount as he seems to be their creative funnel. It would not surprise me if Carlo started without James or Gylfi as neither can help on a fast break perhaps something different required here.
Pickford
Holgate - Keane - Godfrey - Digne
Coleman - Allan - Davies - Doucoure
Iwobi - DCL- Richarlison

bench: James, Gylfi, Bernard, Nkounkou, Virginia, King, Onyango, Gomes,

This is a great chance to build a gap to the teams that are just outside the top 5. Results this weekend have been good for us with Villa, Arsenal and RS dropping points. Shame leicester got a late winner v Brighton. I'd take a draw as Chelsea are on a good run and then go into our next few game looking for maximum points.

Pickford
Holgate----Keane---Godfrey---Digne
Coleman---Doucoure--Allan---Richarlison
----James
DCL----
Coleman to really guard and support that right side in a similar fashion to the derby, freeing up James, will be a tough old job for Richarlison but with Allan covering hopefully we can get him supporting DCL up top more.
thats the team for this game,
same as the Derby with Allan in for Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.