Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Davies
James Douc Richarlson
DCL.

Not your typical midfield general.

58C96553-841E-4B9F-904A-CE33DEC60DCA.jpeg

Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Dan Cook, James Mainwaring.
Fourth official: Simon Hooper.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Richard West.

We already broke one 20+ year hoodoo with Kavanagh in the black (or turquoise, or "atomic watermelon" - or whatever)

It has to happen. Please. I can't take any more Sky flashbacks detailing our last win at "XXX", with the footage in 4:3 ratio and some jarg 90s music of the day playing over it.

Half of Stamford Bridge was being demolished last time we won there FFS.....

Score first, I think we win. But I would take a 1-1 draw and then it's a huge game at home to Burnley next Saturday. If we beat these we are favourites for CL. I think it'll be an extremely close match and one goal might decide it.

We already broke one 20+ year hoodoo with Kavanagh in the black (or turquoise, or "atomic watermelon" - or whatever)

It has to happen. Please. I can't take any more Sky flashbacks detailing our last win at "XXX", with the footage in 4:3 ratio and some jarg 90s music of the day playing over it.

Half of Stamford Bridge was being demolished last time we won there FFS.....
There was footage of that game as well, showing Rideout i think it was lets just say calling a player something with his hands the last time we won, it might have been to one of our own players when they didnt pass to him [but not actually sure who it was to as cant remember]

It's one game at a time of course but I think a win here could potentially be our biggest single result in several years, following on from the derby even.

A defeat isn't the end of the world either however this is a huge opportunity for us.

Win here, and it could well be a defining result in terms of instilling further the self-belief and momentum we need to take us into the home stretch of the season.

COYB!

I think I'll have a little break with this game. Not sure I can handle more than 3 'big matches' in a row.

All about the spirit from now until end of the season. Confidence will be rocketing after a great two weeks of football. Belief levels will be high. I don’t think we should fear anyone now. As long as we carry on as we are keeping solid mostly at the back and still being clinical from the little chances we can carve out then happy days. I don’t care if every game is scrappy and we just scrape past it’s all about picking up points. I think we have a great chance on Monday.

We can well win this but of course could lose. Can't win them all. Enough of the 'Everton that' nonsense if we lose. Its Chelsea away.

That said INTO THESE BLUES

After the dispatchings of the likes of West Brom and Southampton this lot are going to seem easy. 3-0 win without a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.