Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you have a clear out if they won't go?

The club could have very easily agreed a reduced pay-off with Niasse which meant we paid less wages, he got a new club and played regular Football - everyone’s a winner.

There are teams that would take Niasse, no question about it. We just haven’t shown the ambition to get him off the books. Which is ultimately what it boils down to, ambition.

We wanted a fee for him, the clubs prepared to pay a fee for him are clubs he doesn’t want to go to. The clubs he wants to go to will take him for free on reduced wages.... so it becomes a stand-off of all 3 parties to see who blinks first.

If we had the wedge we profess to and we’re going to smash FFP this summer as many blooz think we will, they wouldn’t be messing about and Niasse wouldn’t still be at the club.

I think the manager needs to put up his hand today and admit he got the team wrong.
Bernard and Sigurdsson were awful, we didn't have anything to offer out wide . I thought Kean at least offered something when he came on.

At this point it might make sense to put Richarlison out wide and give Kean a go up top. Anthing to avoid Slugurdsson on the wing.

Er..sorry about that. We haven’t played better all season and you were crap. Hopefully you’ll put a shift in against them next weekend and all will be well again for you chaps.
Thought we would get a draw at best, but would have helped if we turned up today LOL and at least got beaten having a try - IE like v Arsenal even though that was not good- chelsea were way to good

We are the better team against Arsenal and were very unlucky not to get something out of that game and we were totally robbed of a win against United, pure rubbish today though.

We were the better team against Arsenal for majority of the second half, and lost! Better team against United for majority of the second half, and drew. We were totally awful for 90 minutes today!

Being the better team for half a game does not earn you anything! All that matters is the result at the end! The teams above us do not play brilliantly every week, but they win more games than us!

Im proud of my team and support them no matter what the result, but i am comfortable enough saying that we are not ready yet! Hopefully next season

Thought that was poor from Carlo today. Chelsea were there to be got at but our shape and line-up made it easy for them to cut through us.
They had so much time all over the park and it made us look silly at times.
Ross with his massive inconsistencies is still above anything we have in midfield and Willian went past Digne and Holgate as if they werent there. However, if DCL puts away that chance at 2nil then Chelsea might have dropped. Was just too comfortable for them for the whole game. No better opportunity for the team to make up for it now though

I don’t agree they were there to be got. They turned over the RS midweek and look much much better with Giroud up top and Willian and Pedro wide. Still an excellent team and just unfortunate we got them when they were on the up.

I think the manager needs to put up his hand today and admit he got the team wrong.
Bernard and Sigurdsson were awful, we didn't have anything to offer out wide . I thought Kean at least offered something when he came on.

I agree today! 4-4-2 was suicide, they murdered us through midfield

Of course it’s easy for me to be magnanimous when we’ve won, but I can understand your frustrations with your team as there are some really good players there among the dross. Trust in Don Carlo the Pig Farmer. Hopefully for you, he’ll get what he wants this summer and you can have a proper go next season.

I don’t agree they were there to be got. They turned over the RS midweek and look much much better with Giroud up top and Willian and Pedro wide. Still an excellent team and just unfortunate we got them when they were on the up.
Their front 3 wouldnt be at the club if it wasnt for the embargo and are all on the wrong side of 30 yet we made them look 5 years younger today. Behind that they played a 3 with Ross alongside two kids with 30 PL games between them, and none of them have a defensive bone in their body yet we couldnt exploit it. We were so far off today it was embarrasing.

Was it awful mate? Any shining light or anything positive to take from it?
Yes awful, I would say no but pickford made a few decent saves from it been more,while Lewin on 27mins with i think our only really chance missed it trying the little chip shot/side foot/scuff shot pass the keeper at 2-0

We were the better team against Arsenal for majority of the second half, and lost! Better team against United for majority of the second half, and drew. We were totally awful for 90 minutes today!

Being the better team for half a game does not earn you anything! All that matters is the result at the end! The teams above us do not play brilliantly every week, but they win more games than us!

Im proud of my team and support them no matter what the result, but i am comfortable enough saying that we are not ready yet! Hopefully next season
I’m sick of the constant next season ‘wewill be better’ syndrome. the players are bottlers big time, Keane kept stopping to put his foot on the ball (because he’s so fast) and point and Bernard injured himself farting or something similarly inexcusable . Beyond useless! The players all bar 3 need to be replaced by hungry technical players, and wages need to be performance linked in the future. It’s not good enough! The fans will have a bad sleep and these *holes will probably sleep to meditation music and get their posh breakfast fed to them
by spoons because of the stress induced today..,

Status
Not open for further replies.