Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen some bad away defeats and poor away performances in person and in my time as a supporter of this club. This one was right up there. To a man we were poor, weak, lethargic, and whatever other description springs to mind. People saying, Sidibe, Davies, Bernard were very poor etc. For me, every player was off today. Every time we get to a stage when we're saying and thinking a big win will project us to the next level......we capitulate or don't show up in one form.or another.
Long journey home was that!
Must of been a painfull journey home for you and the lads who go all over the country. The thing that stands a mile for me with this squad over the last few years is theirs no fire in there belly and just no winners they accept defeat simple as that and it winds me up when was the last time you seen one of these players kick off or lose it a bit when we conceded a goal they don't even say anything to each other just amble back to the center circle. I just hope Carlo being the winner he is has marked a lot of there cards and come the end of the season he can get the players he wants

Lampard saw that coming....clearly picked a young, energetic midfield knowing we’d have nothing at all of any substance in there. I hate to call out players but Davies and Gomes were awful today, whilst Sigurdsson ( who I’ve always rated) was just as bad. Bernard......well, he was simply Bernard away from home. The back four were rotten, albeit Holgate wasn’t quite as horrendous as the other three, and DCL reminded us of what he was like just a few short months previously. Richarlison and Pickford the only two starters who come out of that with any credit whatsoever

Their front 3 wouldnt be at the club if it wasnt for the embargo and are all on the wrong side of 30 yet we made them look 5 years younger today. Behind that they played a 3 with Ross alongside two kids with 30 PL games between them, and none of them have a defensive bone in their body yet we couldnt exploit it. We were so far off today it was embarrasing.

There’s a reason we haven’t won there in the league since 94 and it’s got nothing to do with their ‘ageing’ front 3 - all of whom have won major European, international and domestic honours and would walk on to the Everton starting IX (As would Ross, Mount and young Gilmour)

They actually turned up and Everton were beyond disgraceful. It doesn’t take away from the fact that they are a better than average side and we’re miles away. So much so that the blues can’t even consistently put the required effort in to games that you would expect from a professional sportsperson living your dream.

They could have showed the full 90mins,hardly a good thing about us today-infact there was none lol

Yeah just from those highlights that looked like a totally disjointed, totally uninterested, unbalanced performance.

Beat the rs and that would make up for 1 point from the last 9.

But we know it won't happen because we know this squad simply haven't got the balls or the desire to dominate and finish the top sides off.

Only about 9 games to go isn't there until we can put this crap to bed and start again.

Yeah just from those highlights that looked like a totally disjointed, totally uninterested, unbalanced performance.

Beat the rs and that would make up for 1 point from the last 9.

But we know it won't happen because we know this squad simply haven't got the balls or the desire to dominate and finish the top sides off.

Only about 9 games to go isn't there until we can put this crap to bed and start again.
Yep we were so bad,hopefully all this changing the team etc every week is as we think Ancelotti seeing how players do in game action,if we are doing this next season nearly every week if we get decent players in just to give players a game etc ,it will unsettle us every week as we need to stick to the same team as much as pos bar if they play crap off course

Seen some bad away defeats and poor away performances in person and in my time as a supporter of this club. This one was right up there. To a man we were poor, weak, lethargic, and whatever other description springs to mind. People saying, Sidibe, Davies, Bernard were very poor etc. For me, every player was off today. Every time we get to a stage when we're saying and thinking a big win will project us to the next level......we capitulate or don't show up in one form.or another.
Long journey home was that!

Doffs cap to you mate. Too old for aways now but I know exactly how you feel

Status
Not open for further replies.