Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I disagree. If you win League 2 and go up to League 1 you have won something, you are successful but you are still well below the Premiership. You are a winner but you are not close to the top.
Success is about achieving your goals, for the select few it is about winning trophies for others it is about moving forward or for some holding what you have.
Currently success for Everton it is about moving forward, if that move is made then it will be about winning things.
Yeah but our goal is to do something we haven't done for 25 years, win something.

Yeah but our goal is to do something we haven't done for 25 years, win something.
I don't think our plan is to win something, I think our plan is to have sustainable success.

Which of course means winning something, but first we need to get ourselves on a level to compete.

We have the manager we just need a few more players, things are looking good currently, if we can keep up the pace we can maybe take a step up.

I think our aim this season is European football and we would like a Cup.

Which lets be honest have been our aims for the last 25 years.

I know people are impatient, but personally I'm more excited for next season, another summer with hopefully a few additions, fans back in the stadiums.

Anything we do this season is a bonus, hopefully we get at least get Europa, we need to take the steps.

Europa, CL, Prem, The World.

And as you say, we need things to hold up and cheer.

Success isn’t all about winning trophies, although it should be the ultimate aim. Success is measured by targets, Carlo has said multiple times that European qualification is the target this season.

We don’t qualify for Europe, we have failed. If we qualify for Europa League, we have succeeded. We qualify for the Champions League, we have exceeded. We win the title, we have discombobulated minds

Success isn’t all about winning trophies, although it should be the ultimate aim. Success is measured by targets, Carlo has said multiple times that European qualification is the target this season.

We don’t qualify for Europe, we have failed. If we qualify for Europa League, we have succeeded. We qualify for the Champions League, we have exceeded. We win the title, we have discombobulated minds
No, if we get in the Europs League the season is failure, weve done that plenty of times over the last 25 years, it means nothing.

No, if we get in the Europs League the season is failure, weve done that plenty of times over the last 25 years, it means nothing.

Before we didn't have the funds to then go out and get the better class of player based on being in Europe (I'm of course discounting the Walsh and Koeman disaster season). Carlo + Europe keeps us improving which then leads to being good enough to win a trophy.

If we were to win our game in hand there would be a 6pt gap between us and Chelsea in 7th.

Its the perfect time to go on a run of winning games.

I think the top sides will turn on the afterburners now and we need to be in that group pulling away.

The table will look very different soon.

Think these next few games are trickier than what they look on paper tbh

Leicester
Newcastle
Leeds

No Doucoure and potentially Allan & DCL for Leicester and Allan only 1 booking away from a suspension if he does play.

Ideally if he's fit for Leicester he'll go in on Vardy and miss the Newcastle game as would rather a mobile midfield against Leeds than Gomes or Siggurdsson getting the run around.

Got to be looking at minimum 7 points out of 9 if we are serious about top 6.

We’re going to have 2-3 games in hand on most of our competitors for Europe by the time we play Leicester. We will additionally have no European football over the next 3 months which they will have. There is huge opportunity presenting here.

The key really is keeping our players fit & healthy, which could be tough considering we're going to be playing two games a week for just over half of the next four months from this weekend, if I've done my maths correctly (and could be tougher still of course depending on how deep we go into the FA Cup).

If we're lucky with injuries and sickness, and clever with squad rotation to avoid fatigue, I agree, there's a real opportunity here.

The one thing I’m clinging onto is that most Everton thing I can think of is them serving up risible garbage for donkeys years only to wait until I can’t be in the ground for them to go and win la decima

Status
Not open for further replies.