Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just visiting a post we had on the 19th December Zat where we were looking for 4 wins from 7. Wolves was the 4th win and we still havent played City at home or Villa away yet either.

Yes, weve achieved my 10 wins after 19 games target with 2 game to spare.

I think the matches i listed above:

H Leicester
H Newcastle
A Leeds
A United
H Fulham
A Liverpool
H Southampton

These are all by the end of Feb and we may also have the City and Villa games slotted in.

If we add those 2 postponed games it becomes 9 matches and takes us to 26 games with 12 to play.

Of those 9 games, if we could win 5 of them we'd be sat on:

26 played = 47pts (plus draws) and 15 wins.

That would leave us 5pts behind a run rate of 2pts per game but also only 5wins behind the 20 win target i had at the start of the season coming into the back stretch.

Between 27th Jan and 6th Feb we have

H Leicester
H Newcastle
A Leeds
A United

Thats 4 games in a 10 day period.

Could be season defining for us if we could pick up 3 wins...

That 4th spot is up for grabs...

Our goal this season is Europe so let's concentrate on that...

However if we are still in for a shout for 4th with under ten games to go then why not...

Imagination is everything...
It is the preview of life's coming attractions...

If we shed a few more of our unwanted players in this window, get Gbamin back playing and hang on to a European qualification spot this will have been a successful season, even without a trophy
But success is measure by what you win, nothing else.

Really would have been good beating villa this week we would be deep deep in top six territory and starting to think of more.

Really would have been good beating villa this week we would be deep deep in top six territory and starting to think of more.
Defo ,don't think anyone is looking at us as a threat but eh we keep coming up with results ,must admit if we had played villa and got a result I would have been thinking top four is a shout but hey ho let see eh

If we were to win our game in hand there would be a 6pt gap between us and Chelsea in 7th.

Its the perfect time to go on a run of winning games.

I think the top sides will turn on the afterburners now and we need to be in that group pulling away.

The table will look very different soon.

But success is measure by what you win, nothing else.
Sorry I disagree. If you win League 2 and go up to League 1 you have won something, you are successful but you are still well below the Premiership. You are a winner but you are not close to the top.
Success is about achieving your goals, for the select few it is about winning trophies for others it is about moving forward or for some holding what you have.
Currently success for Everton it is about moving forward, if that move is made then it will be about winning things.

Status
Not open for further replies.