Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone

My name is Batuhan and I'm congress member and fan of the BESIKTAS.

we do not want to Cenk Tosun sold to everton with this money.

He is more skillful and stronger than a lot of striker who play in PL now. 20 M Euro its nothing for him.

If morata 58 Million he should be minimum 30-40 million

If he join in Everton Please support him, because Turkish mind should feel Fans loved him :)

Hopefully he is more german that turkish. I dont have any feelings either way on this one, certainly wont break the bank, always the hope he turns out, but an unknown still. I do think that if this fails it will be Walsh's last hurrah, as it smells of a player he would have scouted and recommended rather than one Allardyce has been clamoring on about.

From what Ive seen of him he holds the ball up and dribbles better than Niasse, but finished better than DCL. That makes him better than our two non-options at least?

Or...he doesn't hold the ball up as well as DCL and his finishing isn't as good as Niasse :) merry Xmas !

I don't want to be negative or anything and I've never heard of him. But based on almost every expensive signing we have ever made he's probably rubbish

Since when was a £20 million, international, champions league player a "bargain basement" buy? This isn't a 1.5 million punt on Jeff Smith from Bradford.

Some very bizarre mindsets on here.

Really ?! We were told we were going after the likes of giroud, By the club. A bit of expectation

This compared to that is not one in the same.

Bizarre ? Please.

20m is not much in today’s market

Last edited:
Hopefully he is more german that turkish. I dont have any feelings either way on this one, certainly wont break the bank, always the hope he turns out, but an unknown still. I do think that if this fails it will be Walsh's last hurrah, as it smells of a player he would have scouted and recommended rather than one Allardyce has been clamoring on about.

From what Ive seen of him he holds the ball up and dribbles better than Niasse, but finished better than DCL. That makes him better than our two non-options at least?

He can't be worse.

His fifa 18 stats are ok. Good finishing, good heading, good stamina. Average speed (but faster than giroud).

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm a fan of Besiktas and I'd Like to inform you about him detachedly. First of all his name is pronounced "jenk". He is a Besiktas player since 2015. Our playing style changed every year and he was always handy. So his adaptability is good. None of us expected him to develop himself like that but especially in the last two years his improvement was unbelievable. There are some comments here saying he's slow. OK He's not fast but not slow (probably faster than Kane). His important sides are his technique, his shot power and style and his strength. Especially his shot power this year is better than before. Like I said, he likes improving his abilities. And his dribbling is also good. But sometimes during the match he disappears :) especially against defensive teams like Burnley.

The other point is "why do Turkish fans would like to see his transfer that much?" Because they are idiots who are expecting the club to buy ibrahimovic or another famous (but old) striker. We're not very good at the Turkish league fhis year and they believe a famous player can save us from this situation. Cenk is our first striker and his performance is really good and better than Negredo. On the other hand, the club needs money because of FFP issues. But we also know English clubs spend money and we need Cenk very much especially against Bayern Munchen. So Everton must dissuade Besiktas management for this transfer and believe me our president will not accept an offer under £24m. Because you are not the only one but the closest one. There are also rumours about Juventus, Spurs, Southampton, Newcastle and C.Palace.

Maybe he will be your new Lukaku maybe he will not play that much good but I'm pretty sure you won't regret to buy him. He's always handy.

Hi from Turkey everton fans, as a Besiktas fan, i can give you some information about Cenk tosun. To be honest no one in Turkey expected from him to become a world Class striker which he definetly is.

First you might be right about turkish leauge is being far below pl, but keep in mind turkish team play defansive against besiktas so tosuns numbers are not bad.

The most important quality of tosun, he still try to put something more despite his age. Since he come to besiktas as a free transfer, he never stop improving his skills and now he can dribble, pass, use his head much better. And i think he will work hard and become a all around striker in pl. And mark my worlds, the 25 mio pounds will be nothing when you sell him two years later.

When c.palace wanted him, their fans were furious about the unknown player. And after his performance in cl, they regret missing the opportunity. He will definetly make a big transfer this year, if he choose pl, there will be a adapdation period but after that, i am sure he will be a great asset formyour team.

You're in (Luck)
I know Turkish Football, Plus I happen to know the kid personally. And I love Everton,
Here is a Detailed analysis and thoughts;

-The kid is not "Typical" Turkish Footballer. He is very much Turkish, but he has high work rate and very decent work ethic. He is got good head on his shoulders, his parents are very nice folks, Turkish Football has only been presented properly by Tugay Kerimoglu in Premiere League in recent years. Cenk Tosun may be another success, The Kid is born on June 7th, Gemini which is a good aspect for a footballer who chooses to travel abroad, as they have great flexibility and can adapt to new situations specially if they are excited about the change. Cenk Tosun is taking his chance in English Football, The team he is coming from has been playing stunning football specially in Europe in last 2 seasons. I think if Besiktas JK Performed how they performed in couple of league games this season and generally in Europe last 2 seasons, In Premiere League, and Right now They would be def in top 8 right now. Besiktas coach Senol Gunes is considered to be a Football Guru, and he really gave Tosun a lot of confidence.

His weaknesses is again His High Work Rate, what I mean by that is sometimes he tends to overdo to "Prove himself" and to Prove himself quick, so instead he needs to be very careful adjusting english gameplay and its tempo and not get muscle injury. He has a good character and a little shy with people so he needs to also warm up to his teammates in a new country, so hopefully Everton Staff will help him adjust.

Cenk Tosun's skill set is upto Everton gameplan to shine, he is good with the ball, he has improved significantly in terms of dribbling and positioning in last 2-3 seasons as he played with some experienced and talented forwards, (Mario Gomez, Vincent Aboubakar, and Demba Ba) He has learnt a lot, he was the type to stay in training late to do extra work. He needs Good Crosses most of the time but he can create space for others as well which is something he learnt to do more recently, He doesn't have one aspect of his skill test that is 9 or 10 (out of 10) it is more like 7's some 7.5's but he has got overall complete striker character. He is DEFINITELY FASTER than Giroud & If he adjusts well He will be much better striker than the Frenchman.

He needs to stay fit, focus on football only and he needs to get some good impactful first games without injury to show himself and increase his confidence right off the bat. That would really ignite his form. Hopefully Sam is going to understand the kid well and play him in attacking formations that works for the team and for Tosun. I do think He can be a great partner to Rooney, and I hope Rooney welcomes his partnership, He can learn a lot from Rooney.

Again I know the kid from interviews (being in press over in Turkey) he is a good kid. He will understand the value of playing for a very respected club in England, he just needs a little bit of Good Luck in the beginning to get his stride in if you know what I mean.

Best of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.