Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claims Cenk's completed a medical at FF. Worth the punt. This is what SW earned his rep for afterall. RK never really had faith in him but Sam clearly does. Fingers crossed. SW needs a hit.
It's a gamble but a top class striker is financially out of our reach and wouldn't come anyway so it's a youngun with potential, someone proven in the twilight of their career or a SW special.
The big concern is he's coming from such a weaker league but his finishing looks miles ahead of DCL's and he's physically imposing so shouldn't be easily outmuscled in the Prem like Sandro's been so far. Lookin forward to seeing our Sink Toster. Maybe a sub in the derby.

£20 million isn't bargain basement, but unfortunately the market now is so insane that £30 million seems to be about the minimum requirement to get you a decent signing.

The club haven't helped themselves here either. They've been promising hollywood manager's and players ever since Moshiri arrived. The tide was meant to be changing remember? Instead we roll into 2018 with Sam Allardyce as manager and this fella as seemingly our prime target for January. This is not the rehearsal anymore Walsh and co. Only Pickford can be called a real success so far; the rest of the signings have either been flat out abysmal or at best a little underwhelming (I'm looking at you Gylfi).

At the end of the day if our original aim this season was to close the gap on the top 6 or even break into it then we've totally messed that up. And royally so. We're playing catch up again and from even further away than the summer so I'm not sure this lad is going to cut it. Putting in a concrete offer for someone like Goretzka would be a start.

Let's be honest it's really more like £50 million to get you a decent striker. Lukaku cost £90 million and Morata £58 million.

Agree with you ultimately we still can't compete with the top 6 teams in the league financially so we have to get lucky with the players they don't want.

Just wish we could sign a player which shows real ambition for the future.

5996f2812b3a7e882f000001.jpg

Hopefully he is more german that turkish. I dont have any feelings either way on this one, certainly wont break the bank, always the hope he turns out, but an unknown still. I do think that if this fails it will be Walsh's last hurrah, as it smells of a player he would have scouted and recommended rather than one Allardyce has been clamoring on about.

From what Ive seen of him he holds the ball up and dribbles better than Niasse, but finished better than DCL. That makes him better than our two non-options at least?

Seen a lot of him have you?

I wasn’t clear here in fairness- I meant cut it as in I doubt that he’ll bring us any closer to where we want to be. He seems to be.. decent. That’s my opinion. Not exactly like we’re blessed with a lot of striking talent either at the moment so a fresh option wouldn’t be a bad thing. But after the summer this year I’m not going to get flustered or that bothered about our signings given the majority have been a let down.

And I’m certainly not going to pretend like I’m an expert on him- I’ll leave that to the resident forum experts who told us that Sandro and Klaassen would rip this league up and that we fought off united to land Keane. If he signs, cool. Ill judge him on how he does for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.