Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

This can't be who was on our short list to replace Lukaku.....

This is just silly if this really happens. There is money somewhere for a striker. We should be going after what we want, not bargain shopping after the holidays.

I can't believe, this I really can't. I just dont see this guy being the answer or a squad rotation guy(we have Niasse) , so what are we doing?

Please someone what is so special about this guy?
I really do not know.

Not big.
does not seem to have any pace.
Not seeing any skill really (creating space for himself)

Call me crazy Id rather hold off than dump 20-25m on this.

Im not even sure venting on here is therapeutic any longer. Its maddening.

1. no striker in the summer
2. No pace in the team
3. 4 #10's
4. Bargain shopping in turkey

Lastly as far as premier league ready leagues.....Thoughts on what leagues actually are close to the style of premier league?

He's six foot. No one striker was ever going to replace Rom. A signing like this is to fit a system.

I know nothing about him. I just hope he's not another average player we need to move on like Klassen.

Just wish we could sign a player which shows real ambition for the future.

Sorry to be negative but our last two strikers have been a disaster. I just hope it doesn't take us 10 years to properly replace Lukaku.

Since when was a £20 million, international, champions league player a "bargain basement" buy? This isn't a 1.5 million punt on Jeff Smith from Bradford.

Some very bizarre mindsets on here.

£20 million isn't bargain basement, but unfortunately the market now is so insane that £30 million seems to be about the minimum requirement to get you a decent signing.

The club haven't helped themselves here either. They've been promising hollywood manager's and players ever since Moshiri arrived. The tide was meant to be changing remember? Instead we roll into 2018 with Sam Allardyce as manager and this fella as seemingly our prime target for January. This is not the rehearsal anymore Walsh and co. Only Pickford can be called a real success so far; the rest of the signings have either been flat out abysmal or at best a little underwhelming (I'm looking at you Gylfi).

At the end of the day if our original aim this season was to close the gap on the top 6 or even break into it then we've totally messed that up. And royally so. We're playing catch up again and from even further away than the summer so I'm not sure this lad is going to cut it. Putting in a concrete offer for someone like Goretzka would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.