2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 months ago we were all buzzing, sitting in the top 4 playing decent football, spirit of the blues slapping Miley Cyrus off the charts, Forever Everton reaching number 1 in the album charts, proper feel good factor and positivity, thinking we all had something to finally be excited about.... who’d have though 7 months later we’d have finished 10th behind Leeds, having had our worse home record in history and ultimately losing our manager.

It’s a tough one supporting Everton it really is. We just aren’t allowed to have happiness.

I actually think it's more likely to be this tbh, ever since Brands came in his and the boards stance was to look towards younger players with potential. I remember hearing Moshiri on Jim White talking about it saying it might mean higher fees but would mean lower wages. Signing older players like Carlo wants to they are going to be on higher wages which makes things awkward for us from an FFP standpoint, also is the way forward really signing older players most who will need replacing after a couple of seasons, I'm not so sure myself.
Plus the quality of player we are now likely to attract without European football.

Disappointed, but we should see this as an opportunity. We now have an opportunity to move away from recruiting established stars and take a more long term view. If there was ever a time to actually develop a DoF based model, this is it. Now, whether we have the right DoF is another question!

What don't I get?

How and why this club means so much to some people. It's not hard to understand why this whole thing has p'd a lot of people off. It ruins people's weekends when Everton lose one match, so obviously it angers people when a manager takes the mickey out of the fanbase.

Haven’t really read the last few pages since his departure. But the fans who wanted him gone end of the season, are you happy he’s gone now he’s gone. If you get the gist?

Amidst all of this I think the fact he was so willing to walk away tells you about what he thinks he could achieve here. If he felt there was a project building, would he have so easily jumped ship?

I'd absolutely get the outpouring of depression if we'd just qualified for the CL and looked ready to take the next step but we've been bang average again. Ancelotti is a pragmatic manager who does well with world class players. He doesn't have them here and it showed.

Disappointed, but we should see this as an opportunity. We now have an opportunity to move away from recruiting established stars and take a more long term view. If there was ever a time to actually develop a DoF based model, this is it. Now, whether we have the right DoF is another question!
I am 61 and my long-term view is decreasing with each new manager.

At the end of the day no matter how rubbish this club might be, and where we sit in the pecking order of European football, it’s still our club, it’s still the reason we all watch football every weekend.

This snake didn’t want to be a part of it, didn’t have the stones to see the job through, didn’t want to be here. From that point on we stopped needing him. I’m glad he pissed off as quickly as possible. Fed up of people who don’t want to be at this club taking us for a ride.

Let’s get the new manager in, get in someone who wants to be here, and get right behind him.

I don't think its fair to call everyone who CBA with Everton a snake. No club 'deserves' success, and no club has the divine right to success or to be the biggest or best. Lots of things are not working out at our club, mostly behind the scenes, and this is why, since Moyes got us back to established top 8ish, we have not made any further progress. There is no loyalty, even from die hard blues born and bred, so I don't know why we expect anything different. Only Man U and Man city can compete financially and for the same players and managers as Real, Bayern and Barcelona so we can never expect anyone to say no to Real Madrid from Everton.

I am only mainly surprised that he talked so openly of the long-term view, was so open about wanting to come to BMD, and so consistenly ready to say how much he loved it here and how much he wanted to stay here. He Must have known that one of the big clubs' jobs would come up in the next 2 - 4 years. so I'm mainly surprised he painted the picture of loyalty and that he wanted to basically be here for 5 years, when he must have known Real or Milan would be impossible to refuse.

SO mainly i'm upset that EFC is like a place to just rest up, rinse some money, move on. I'd be much happier to see boardroom and Finch Farm changes than even the first team and manager. For instance, if we spent loads on a top to bottom shake up, but only had an underwhelming appointment like Big Dunc, I wouldn't mind.

He could probably see the writing on the wall.

He was sacked at Napoli for under performing. I did wonder why at the time, but having watched the team this year I can understand why.

This was an opportunity far too good to miss that came at a point where the Everton role required real results.

Real will be less forgiving and they are in need of major squad overhaul with limited finances. i give him till Christmas. I’m amazed Koeman lasted the season at Barca. How the mighty have fallen taking ex Everton managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.