2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that many on here and elsewhere are not pushed about this reiterates the fact that Carlo fell well short of his target last season. Yes we are hurt that he’s done one and left us starting again but did we really lose a manager on top of his game? 10th says no to me.

Im intrigued to see what a new manager will do next season. My opinions have been made clear that for me it’s the players who have failed us this season through their lack of fight, effort and commitment. That which we seen last season prior to Carlos arrival. I’m told other managers will be able to do what the likes of Carlo and Silva couldn’t do and motivate these players to give 100% every game. I just can’t believe that from what I’ve witnessed from the same players individual performances over the last 2/3 seasons.

Hard to know what to think, weirdly ambivalent. With more transfer windows would he have us up there challenging...or would it just have been more overpaid aging players with a scattergun approach to tactics/identity. We’ll never know.

Don’t know what to think of the man, it’s Real Madrid so not surprised but am I disappointed in him, maybe a little. Thought he had a project, backing from the board that he wanted. He’s off without a second thought.

Overall though, I don’t feel like I care as much as I should, given we’ve just lost one of the most successful managers in the game. Maybe a combination of being terrible to watch, different tactics every week, no sense of a plan and underlying feeling that he was possibly going through the motions.

On to the next one...
West Ham are doing OK???????????????

You might have a season ticket but I have travelled from the states. 3 times. If you have travelled as many thousand miles as I have then you'll know how I feel.

I get membership and revenue on West Verging Everton channel. And not having carlo is a serious blow to my revenue streams. Dont talk to me about financials.

I have seen us go through 5 managers. In my time. I've seen enough. I'm getting very fed up with this club.
You non local fans are effing sadists. I've got my tosspot of a dad and gobshite of a grandad to blame. To support everton you must feel a proper connection to the club anyone who doubts loyalty of our international following can gtf

Cause Carlos stature was brilliant for the club. And really was like a glue for the State fan club. This instability has me frustrated. I'm taking it out on Everton cause I'm sick of this. I've worked very hard over the years.
Would you be free to make a permanent flight across the pond buddy? You sound like the perfect successor to Ancelotti.....organised, passionate, communicative, respected. Could you work your magic on Iwobi?

At the end of the day no matter how rubbish this club might be, and where we sit in the pecking order of European football, it’s still our club, it’s still the reason we all watch football every weekend.

This snake didn’t want to be a part of it, didn’t have the stones to see the job through, didn’t want to be here. From that point on we stopped needing him. I’m glad he pissed off as quickly as possible. Fed up of people who don’t want to be at this club taking us for a ride.

Let’s get the new manager in, get in someone who wants to be here, and get right behind him.

I don't think its fair to call everyone who CBA with Everton a snake. No club 'deserves' success, and no club has the divine right to success or to be the biggest or best. Lots of things are not working out at our club, mostly behind the scenes, and this is why, since Moyes got us back to established top 8ish, we have not made any further progress. There is no loyalty, even from die hard blues born and bred, so I don't know why we expect anything different. Only Man U and Man city can compete financially and for the same players and managers as Real, Bayern and Barcelona so we can never expect anyone to say no to Real Madrid from Everton.

I am only mainly surprised that he talked so openly of the long-term view, was so open about wanting to come to BMD, and so consistenly ready to say how much he loved it here and how much he wanted to stay here. He Must have known that one of the big clubs' jobs would come up in the next 2 - 4 years. so I'm mainly surprised he painted the picture of loyalty and that he wanted to basically be here for 5 years, when he must have known Real or Milan would be impossible to refuse.

SO mainly i'm upset that EFC is like a place to just rest up, rinse some money, move on. I'd be much happier to see boardroom and Finch Farm changes than even the first team and manager. For instance, if we spent loads on a top to bottom shake up, but only had an underwhelming appointment like Big Dunc, I wouldn't mind.

7 months ago we were all buzzing, sitting in the top 4 playing decent football, spirit of the blues slapping Miley Cyrus off the charts, Forever Everton reaching number 1 in the album charts, proper feel good factor and positivity, thinking we all had something to finally be excited about.... who’d have though 7 months later we’d have finished 10th behind Leeds, having had our worse home record in history and ultimately losing our manager.

It’s a tough one supporting Everton it really is. We just aren’t allowed to have happiness.

People got too carried away. Threads about winning the title after 3 or 4 games.

Definitely this is too far to go back in this thread.. so initial thought is actually bemusement. It’s really really good he has left as soon as he has after the season, before Brands spends on players a new manager doesn’t care for.

I wanted Carlo to stay to see if the believers would be proved right that it’s all about the players for our atrocious last half of the season.
But am not overly bothered he has gone.

so Martinez with Belgium, Carlo at Real, Koeman at Barca and none could deliver anything to us. Silva must be wondering what he did wrong.

I
You might have a season ticket but I have travelled from the states. 3 times. If you have travelled as many thousand miles as I have then you'll know how I feel.

I get membership and revenue on West Verging Everton channel. And not having carlo is a serious blow to my revenue streams. Dont talk to me about financials.

I have seen us go through 5 managers. In my time. I've seen enough. I'm getting very fed up with this club.
I don't think you're cut out for this club, fella. Chelsea just won the Champions League, maybe you should give them a go. Good for the revenue streams.

Will the new manager have as a pre-condition that Big Dunc stays on the coaching staff, or will he be on his way with the rest of the backroom staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.