2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im intrigued to see what a new manager will do next season. My opinions have been made clear that for me it’s the players who have failed us this season through their lack of fight, effort and commitment. That which we seen last season prior to Carlos arrival. I’m told other managers will be able to do what the likes of Carlo and Silva couldn’t do and motivate these players to give 100% every game. I just can’t believe that from what I’ve witnessed from the same players individual performances over the last 2/3 seasons.
Main bother is that without a manager the transfer stuff is all on hold and we will have yet another long wait, it is a pain. Plus I am very dissapointed he did not see it out. He has already done all the big stuff and is a rich man. Where else can you go shopping to the Strand, get you house burgled, have the local beach cleared after a machette attack. Why has he gone?

I wonder how Real Madrid fans feel about this.

I wouldn’t be be overwhelmed if I was one.

Real and Barca won't be winning the CL next season that's for sure and Simeone will fancy his chances of another league title.

Real's best players are all about 35 which seems to suit Carlo though.

Haven’t really read the last few pages since his departure. But the fans who wanted him gone end of the season, are you happy he’s gone now he’s gone. If you get the gist?
I am delighted he has gone.

I am even more delighted that we will be getting compensation from Madrid rather than sacking him and having to pay Ancelotti tens of millions in compensation midway through next season.

Tactically he is a dinosaur but even worse he has his lad following him around like a lost puppy doing probably the least intensive training sessions in the League.

We desperately need a reset. We desperately need to stop signing managers and players who are after a pay day towards the end of their careers. Furthermore, we need to focus on getting in a young progressive manager and young dynamic players who want to play for the shirt.

Players who will put in the kind of shift that the Leeds players do. We have been stuck in a rut chasing big names when what we need and want is young hungry players who will leave everything on the pitch.

Half a season James can go with him for me.

James did not do anything like Richy and Mina to endear himself to the club, but we loved him anyway cos he's a superstar. He's definitely gone. Think he's gonna play for Eddie Howe? The way he pronounces 'Howe' in his accent will be 'Who'?

Will the new manager have as a pre-condition that Big Dunc stays on the coaching staff, or will he be on his way with the rest of the backroom staff?

You know what, If BIg Dunc survives again, something is really weird behind the scenes. Either he gets the main job, or he gets a big academy role, or he's done, otherwise it makes no sense!

Let's be honest , the football he produced was shockingly bad to watch , and a 10th placed finish in a season when many teams under performed was a failure.
I understand him wanting to go back to Madrid for a last hurrah , but still feel let down by him.
I still think that he would have turned it around , although I am not certain. We may have dodged a bullet , as dismissing him early when he was on a reputed £11 million a year, would be financially prohibitive. His desire to keep surrounding himself with older players on inflated salaries was probably not in the interests of the club either. See ya fella.

I am only mainly surprised that he talked so openly of the long-term view, was so open about wanting to come to BMD, and so consistenly ready to say how much he loved it here and how much he wanted to stay here. He Must have known that one of the big clubs' jobs would come up in the next 2 - 4 years. so I'm mainly surprised he painted the picture of loyalty and that he wanted to basically be here for 5 years, when he must have known Real or Milan would be impossible to refuse.

This is what I don't get. I really don't understand why he kept on talking about us like he was here for the long term, when it was also obvious that clubs like Milan and Madrid would be calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.