2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Don.

It's taken some time but now seems to be getting that extra bit out of players coming through now. Davies, horrific for a long time and now has started to find a bit of form, that extra bit of quality on the ball. Holgate, not a massive fan but seems to trust him fairly quickly and has been steady, Keane probably the quickest improvement when CA took over. Iwobi another who struggled but seems to have found a role, found something to offer. Mina another who has been unsteady for me for a while but this season has perhaps started to show some consistent performances

We are in a good position for Europe, if CA can just squeeze that extra out of the likes of Coleman, Bernard, Gomes along with the ones already mentioned staying at a hgiher level, we could have Europa next year.

I'm reading Carlo's autobiography and it's certainly changing my perception of him. It's largely about food so far and pork in particular. His family were pig farmers. This aroused some hurtful jibes from rival supporters in later years.
There's tales of drunken rituals involving his Roma and ACMilan colleagues. Somehow it's hard to connect the cool touchline character with all that.
It's an engrossing read!

I'm reading Carlo's autobiography and it's certainly changing my perception of him. It's largely about food so far and pork in particular. His family were pig farmers. This aroused some hurtful jibes from rival supporters in later years.
There's tales of drunken rituals involving his Roma and ACMilan colleagues. Somehow it's hard to connect the cool touchline character with all that.
It's an engrossing read!
Is that the quiet leadership one?
Read a few mixed reviews of it but will give it a go if you reckon it's a good read.

Is that the quiet leadership one?
Read a few mixed reviews of it but will give it a go if you reckon it's a good read.
No it's the one he did while Chelsea boss, I think, and it's only recently been translated into English. Titled - The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius.
It's quite witty and different from the usual guff.

Honestly though, give me one name you’d rather have in charge of Everton right now given the job he’s got to do. One name .
It’s like a 2 name list? I guess you honestly can’t discount Pep as he’s the best manager in the world.

After that, I admire Poch no end, he did the job we are asking Carlo to do, but after that I’m not glancing enviously at other teams.

If we got into the CL we’d be a threat under him, I know people will laugh but honestly almost every team from the top leagues in Europe who qualify fairly regularly have made a semi or a final at some point. Even Spurs the biggest bottlers in the world made one. You look at the state of some of the groups and I’d back us to get out a group easily if we made it in. Once in the knockout who is better in this comp than Carlo? No one.

Look at how well we've done against the top teams under him, and also how we set up away (which is critical). I would agree, we would do well in it, far more so than you feel the likes of OGS/Rodgers/Lampard etc do in Europe.

We would also probably be able to add another 4-6 quality players if we got CL and probably a couple of top young prospects.

It's a great time for us to be on the up

Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs are rebuilding at different points in their development. LFC / MCFC are ahead, but vulnerable because of so many fixtures and the high standards they've had for so many years. ... we've got a chance - but Leicester & West Ham are annoyingly in the way as well. Its competitive and exciting and a big chance for us. I do hope we have some context and balance when we eventually make CL qualification. Think of where we are now, and supposing we qualify for the CL 2-3 times in 5 years, that is a massive improvement. We've qualified once only. So if we qualify 3 times in the next 5 years, and then we only make it out of our group once or twice, I hope we don't turn around and sack Ancelotti. Regular qualification will be a big step, and then that squad needs to try and fail in the CL before they start getting to semis & finals. Can't get too carried away again, but there are fewer power houses in CL now than there used to be 10 years ago. The last 16 was full of big blockbuster teams. I Agree with you because now the last 16 if we ever make it, will have 4-5 powerful clubs and the rest maybe in transition. May as well dream!
Its all about realism and patience with where we are for me. CL qualification this year was not on anyone's agenda, the fact we are in with an outside chance at this stage is great. Equally though we could easily fail to get even an EL slot given the tightness of top 8 or so.

In summer Carol will add more quality, that is certain for me. Key will be if the incoming add to or replace, Richarlison apparently was persuaded to give it another year here to see if CL could be achieved so there must be a risk he will agitate this summer. I look at those who are around us outside of the traditional and honestly don't see Leicester, West ham, villa sustaining and growing - this is their high watermark year. We could and should sustain and grow though, next year should be better than this given the finance, infrastructure and stage of squad development. I would expect us to be the undisputed intruder to the traditional names at the top next year, whereas this year we are one of 3 or 4 who might just squeeze into the CL/EL reckoning.

Its all about realism and patience with where we are for me. CL qualification this year was not on anyone's agenda, the fact we are in with an outside chance at this stage is great. Equally though we could easily fail to get even an EL slot given the tightness of top 8 or so.

In summer Carol will add more quality, that is certain for me. Key will be if the incoming add to or replace, Richarlison apparently was persuaded to give it another year here to see if CL could be achieved so there must be a risk he will agitate this summer. I look at those who are around us outside of the traditional and honestly don't see Leicester, West ham, villa sustaining and growing - this is their high watermark year. We could and should sustain and grow though, next year should be better than this given the finance, infrastructure and stage of squad development. I would expect us to be the undisputed intruder to the traditional names at the top next year, whereas this year we are one of 3 or 4 who might just squeeze into the CL/EL reckoning.

100000% agree mate, only thing is who’s carol lol lol

Could we have Pep once Carlo decides to call it a day. Obviously by then we'd be winning everything so Pep would have no issues coming in...

Zidane for me, perfect to take over from Carlo in about 6 or 7 years. We’ll hopefully be a CL team by then and every manager in the world would be interested in taking over a CL premier league team with large financial backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.