2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo on Bramley-Moore Dock​

I would like to be there when the new stadium will be open. To finish the contract here until 2024 means you did a good job & that it won't be stopped on 2024. I feel good & so I would like to stay as long as possible

Let us all pray this comes to pass
There are times where I really don't like how we play matches. I don't really care about it tho. He's got to have one of the safest jobs in football. He's not going to get sacked by us.

I kind of feel like he's on that level of players, and now coaches, who should have come to us about 3-5 years earlier. James would have been an absolute legend had he come here3 years ago instead of Bayern. Same with Allan.

Shame we didn't but let's enjoy them whilst here

There are times where I really don't like how we play matches. I don't really care about it tho. He's got to have one of the safest jobs in football. He's not going to get sacked by us.

I kind of feel like he's on that level of players, and now coaches, who should have come to us about 3-5 years earlier. James would have been an absolute legend had he come here3 years ago instead of Bayern. Same with Allan.

Shame we didn't but let's enjoy them whilst here
lol lol lol

You do realise that Hamez is 29 and Allan is 30 and both have been outstanding for us, right?

The way your talking its like they are both in their mid 40s and finished.

And I'm not quite sure Managers "age".

lol lol lol

You do realise that Hamez is 29 and Allan is 30 and both have been outstanding for us, right?

The way your talking its like they are both in their mid 40s and finished.

And I'm not quite sure Managers "age".
What I'm saying I feel like if there players were asked privately at the end of their career about us most would say they would have joined us earlier. I don't adhere to the "we're a special club" as a mantra but I think we are a club that a lot of players and managers would be happy being at for awhile if they had the opportunity of retrospect reflection.

If we got into the CL we’d be a threat under him, I know people will laugh but honestly almost every team from the top leagues in Europe who qualify fairly regularly have made a semi or a final at some point. Even Spurs the biggest bottlers in the world made one. You look at the state of some of the groups and I’d back us to get out a group easily if we made it in. Once in the knockout who is better in this comp than Carlo? No one.
I was thinkin about this today. if we were to make it into Europe or even the CL we'd be in with a better chance than most of us realise. Simply because playing in the premier league exposes us to a level of competition that teams from other European leagues only get in the CL itself. Just look at the results from European comps this week, Chelsea, UTD, Arsenal, RS, Spurs and City are all progressing to the latter stages with relative ease. We've beaten 4 of those sides this season. So if we can qualify and better still if we can make it a regular occurrence there's nothing stopping us from going deep and then who knows.

If we got into the CL we’d be a threat under him, I know people will laugh but honestly almost every team from the top leagues in Europe who qualify fairly regularly have made a semi or a final at some point. Even Spurs the biggest bottlers in the world made one. You look at the state of some of the groups and I’d back us to get out a group easily if we made it in. Once in the knockout who is better in this comp than Carlo? No one.
I think he's either one top-class centre midfielder or two very good ones away from making the poor home results against lesser sides a rarity.

He already knows how to execute game plans to win high-pressure ties in Europe. The biggest hurdle is going to be qualifying for them.

I think he's either one top-class centre midfielder or two very good ones away from making the poor home results against lesser sides a rarity.

He already knows how to execute game plans to win high-pressure ties in Europe. The biggest hurdle is going to be qualifying for them.

Let's hope Allan comes back as a "very good one" and we add another.

I am glad Carlo not only wants to see his contract out but confirming all being well wants to stay with us. That is the kind of stability that the club needs. But also to be around to manage the team at BMD, that is a real positive and one I believe he wnst to be part of.

I wonder could this mean we will be his last club?

I am glad Carlo not only wants to see his contract out but confirming all being well wants to stay with us. That is the kind of stability that the club needs. But also to be around to manage the team at BMD, that is a real positive and one I believe he wnst to be part of.

I wonder could this mean we will be his last club?

I hope we are his last club. That means things will have gone pretty well here.

The only other obvious job I can think of that he might fancy is the Italy job.

I hope we are his last club. That means things will have gone pretty well here.

The only other obvious job I can think of that he might fancy is the Italy job.

Nearly

tumblr_m6b76d99J41qedb29o1_500.gif

It's a great time for us to be on the up

Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs are rebuilding at different points in their development. LFC / MCFC are ahead, but vulnerable because of so many fixtures and the high standards they've had for so many years. ... we've got a chance - but Leicester & West Ham are annoyingly in the way as well. Its competitive and exciting and a big chance for us. I do hope we have some context and balance when we eventually make CL qualification. Think of where we are now, and supposing we qualify for the CL 2-3 times in 5 years, that is a massive improvement. We've qualified once only. So if we qualify 3 times in the next 5 years, and then we only make it out of our group once or twice, I hope we don't turn around and sack Ancelotti. Regular qualification will be a big step, and then that squad needs to try and fail in the CL before they start getting to semis & finals. Can't get too carried away again, but there are fewer power houses in CL now than there used to be 10 years ago. The last 16 was full of big blockbuster teams. I Agree with you because now the last 16 if we ever make it, will have 4-5 powerful clubs and the rest maybe in transition. May as well dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.