2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not great reading this thread. People having a proper moan about the best manager we have had since Kendall. He got burgled this week? We beat Spurs 5-4 in the cup after extra time? Fulham put on their A game. It happens. We will beat City midweek.
I see what you mean, but City will absolutely smash us.

Oh mate Newcastle was bad , really bad.
But we arent the only club that have had the odd bad performance this season.
Every club bar City have had them in this crazy season , its almost every week we see it. Utd just about got a draw with WBA earlier.
Our performances & results agst Spurs , Chelsea, Manutd away Leeds away Leicester home & away Wolves away Arsenal plus Liverpool shouldnt be forgotten.
It was real bad tonight & Fulham where superb btw ,but I honestly could see it coming , 5 games in 15 days is way too much for this squad .
And I'le say it again the manager should not be judged until he all the players he wants in. Our fringe players really arnt good enough.
I’m not saying it to have a go at ancelotti, but ‘all the players he wants’? I’m not having that. About 2 managers in the world have got that luxury. It’s likely 5 years minimum before that could be the case here, even if we had the money to do it.

Every club bar City have had them in this crazy season , its almost every week we see it. Utd just about got a draw with WBA earlier.
Our performances & results agst Spurs , Chelsea, Manutd away Leeds away Leicester home & away Wolves away Arsenal plus Liverpool shouldnt be forgotten.
It was real bad tonight & Fulham where superb btw ,but I honestly could see it coming , 5 games in 15 days is way too much for this squad .
And I'le say it again the manager should not be judged until he all the players he wants in. Our fringe players really arnt good enough.
But most of the teams you mentioned at least leave the pitch after having a lot of attempts at goal and failing to score them. It's the manner in which we lose these games against so called weaker teams that's concerning. Pathetic amount of attempts, and attempts on target tonight and most of our other matches which is what's really alarming. Offensively, in 90% percent of matches we win, we do just enough to get us over the line.

Terrible line up to start the game, we should’ve targeted Fulham Game as we aren’t going to beat city at home nor we are likely up beat Liverpool.
I'm not sure we weren't targeting it, we just can't play against fast high pressing teams. They battered us for most of the game at Craven Cottage as well.

I said it earlier it’s a mixture of our gutless players and poor tactics/set up. As I say if it had been a one off game then fair is fair Fulham just raised their game and it was a good performance from them and we just had an off day... but it isn’t, it’s the 4th game at home now where teams have used the pressing game to completely shut us down and beaten us and we have had zero reply. We got lucky against Leicester at home.

It’s a problem for us and one that needs to addressed. It’s on the manager to address these problems and find solutions. Don’t lose another game in the exact same fashion you’ve lost previously and then come out with “it was just the way they set up” it just screams no homework was done or nothing has been learned.

I
I’m not saying it to have a go at ancelotti, but ‘all the players he wants’? I’m not having that. About 2 managers in the world have got that luxury. It’s likely 5 years minimum before that could be the case here, even if we had the money to do it.
If it takes 5 years so be it.

Managers are usually judged around 4 transfer windows.
4 or 5 of those tonight wont be here.

Yeah. No chance he will get the wholesale change we would like to see. id say if he has a proper RB next season and only has to use Siggurdson, Gomes and Davies in limitation....if all 3 are still here, I think that already is enough for me to expect us to be seriously challenging top 6 but more importantly that even if we lose some, performances like tonight are almost one-offs or non existent. Another option up front and a better keeper and I’d be dreaming.....

Yeah. No chance he will get the wholesale change we would like to see. id say if he has a proper RB next season and only has to use Siggurdson, Gomes and Davies in limitation....if all 3 are still here, I think that already is enough for me to expect us to be seriously challenging top 6 but more importantly that even if we lose some, performances like tonight are almost one-offs or non existent. Another option up front and a better keeper and I’d be dreaming.....
We only have Ancelotti for a limited period in all likelihood

This is not a 5 year plan or anything like that. This was our big chance and we are blowing it. If we don't get Europe then we've failed. Its imperative we see huge investment this summer. Why bring in Ancelotti and dont back him?

Football is about winning the next game. These long term plans and talk of projects are a nonsense. They just give players an easy excuse. We have to be much better next season or we are wasting our time and Carlo's time.

I’m pretty sure they know more about tactics, team selection etc too. Unless you’ve never criticised any of those things then I’m a bit unsure of your point.
There really is nothing to be unsure about.
Folks sitting at home watching a game or 2 a week do not know how the players are fitness & injury wise.
Not sure why you dont understand that.

People have to understand if Carlo can’t do it no one can.

I just pray Carlo will now have no mercy on certain players and we stick with our best players available from now on. No more keep everyone happy sentiment and stop the rotating.

If we end up being outperformed by Dean Smith and David Moyes, does it really follow that “If Carlo can’t do it, nobody can”?

Today isn't about him not being backed or not having the squad.

Today was about him making a mistake, and then not acting to rectify it.

It was incredibly poor from a manager of his experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.