2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mate Newcastle was bad , really bad.
But we arent the only club that have had the odd bad performance this season.
Every club bar City have had them in this crazy season , its almost every week we see it. Utd just about got a draw with WBA earlier.
Our performances & results agst Spurs , Chelsea, Manutd away Leeds away Leicester home & away Wolves away Arsenal plus Liverpool shouldnt be forgotten.
It was real bad tonight & Fulham where superb btw ,but I honestly could see it coming , 5 games in 15 days is way too much for this squad .
And I'le say it again the manager should not be judged until he all the players he wants in. Our fringe players really arnt good enough.
How many teams have been utterly dominated against teams in the bottom half of the table like we have? Southampton had probably the easiest match they had all year against us, Newcastle twice, Fulham today and the second half in the reverse fixture, Leeds.

You can excuse the one off result if the performances are there and you're unlucky. We've sseen some terrible football since the first international break and the excuses have always been "wait until we have our first 11". Teams almost never have their first 11 and even if we don't have one or two players out we shouldn't be seeing this crap.

I

If it takes 5 years so be it.

Managers are usually judged around 4 transfer windows.
4 or 5 of those tonight wont be here.
I don’t think anybody is judging this like it’s the finished article, but I think it’s reasonable to question whether failing to beat a PL side at home over 90 minutes in 6 attempts is acceptable even if someone’s ‘only’ been in the job 14 months. It’s not about wanting him sacked or anything remotely like that, but the refusal by some to accept that there’s anything he could be questioned on is just proper cult stuff.

We only have Ancelotti for a limited period in all likelihood

This is not a 5 year plan or anything like that. This was our big chance and we are blowing it. If we don't get Europe then we've failed. Its imperative we see huge investment this summer. Why bring in Ancelotti and dont back him?

I don’t agree tbh, he will be here another couple seasons minimum and I get the impression Europe is not a must have this season whatever the club/manager say. It’s preferable and massively helpful to their aims, but I think they will have looked at the competition and where the squad is at and won’t be massively rocked if we don’t make it and it won’t setback hugely the overall plan. Then again I’m an optimist

Yeah. No chance he will get the wholesale change we would like to see. id say if he has a proper RB next season and only has to use Siggurdson, Gomes and Davies in limitation....if all 3 are still here, I think that already is enough for me to expect us to be seriously challenging top 6 but more importantly that even if we lose some, performances like tonight are almost one-offs or non existent. Another option up front and a better keeper and I’d be dreaming.....
Yep, agree with that.

In what way were we "open" today? Or against Newcastle, twice? Or Southampton? Or Leeds? Or Leicester? We didn't push forward at almost any point in those matches.

We have almost no attacking.... Anything.

His idea today was eerily Koeman-esque. Chuck all the best playmakers on and let them make something happen.

Yet he's just come out and said that we were physically outmatched. Well, duh?

One player injured and instead of making one simple change - King on the left to support Rich up front (literally the exact scenario we signed King for was to get him into games when DCL/Rich aren't available) - and that was it.

4-3-3 to give us something in midfield and James on the right for creativity.

It might not have worked, but it had a lot better chance of working than that mess he played today ever did.

I don’t think anybody is judging this like it’s the finished article, but I think it’s reasonable to question whether failing to beat a PL side at home over 90 minutes in 6 attempts is acceptable even if someone’s ‘only’ been in the job 14 months. It’s not about wanting him sacked or anything remotely like that, but the refusal by some to accept that there’s anything he could be questioned on is just proper cult stuff.
They can all be questioned.
But you put it the manager (& his medical team) dont know any more than us.
Still cant comprehend that.

I don’t agree tbh, he will be here another couple seasons minimum and I get the impression Europe is not a must have this season whatever the club/manager say. It’s preferable and massively helpful to their aims, but I think they will have looked at the competition and where the squad is at and won’t be massively rocked if we don’t make it and it won’t setback hugely the overall plan. Then again I’m an optimist

I see it as a huge set back if we dont make it.

Lots of teams will be much better next year. Liverpool, Chelsea, probably spurs and arsenal. If we miss out then we struggle to recruit and if we dont recruit quality, then we are stuck in mediocrity.

At some point we back up the big talk and act like a big club. Giving Carlo Ancelotti only 60m is not what a big club does. Retaining underperformimg players on long term contracts is not what a big club does. Laying down and getting rolled over any time there's pressure on a game is not what a big club does.

Everything about the club, other than Ancelotti, is steeped in mediocrity and losing mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.