2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the league last time we won by 2 goals was 16th December. The time before that? 3rd October (4th game of the season) it’s really not good enough going forward is it? All our midfield do is pass the ball backwards repeatedly, there’s never any pressure on the ball, we barely ever have even 50% possession. I just don’t think it’s good enough really

I see it as a huge set back if we dont make it.

Lots of teams will be much better next year. Liverpool, Chelsea, probably spurs and arsenal. If we miss out then we struggle to recruit and if we dont recruit quality, then we are stuck in mediocrity.

At some point we back up the big talk and act like a big club. Giving Carlo Ancelotti only 60m is not what a big club does. Retaining underperformimg players on long term contracts is not what a big club does. Laying down and getting rolled over any time there's pressure on a game is not what a big club does.

Everything about the club, other than Ancelotti, is steeped in mediocrity and losing mentality.

oh I don’t underestimate the clubs ability to mess this opportunity up. We seem to almost take for granted we are going to see a summer window we are all going to like, but I will not be surprised if we are on transfer deadline day looking ahead likes of Siggurdson still “gracing” the first XI

It isn't the players, it is the style of play that is killing us. The game has moved on but Carlo is still stuck in the dark ages. We play negative passive counter attacking football. Today in the first half Fulham who will almost certainly get relegated had 57% possession. It happens week in week out.

We create very few chances. We have had a run in which our finishing has been ridiculously clinical. Exemplified by the Spurs game in which pretty much every chance we had ended up in the back of the net. It is unsustainable.

It isn't the players, it is the style of play that is killing us. The game has moved on but Carlo is still stuck in the dark ages. We play negative passive counter attacking football. Today in the first half Fulham who will almost certainly get relegated had 57% possession. It happens week in week out.

We create very few chances. We have had a run in which our finishing has been ridiculously clinical. Exemplified by the Spurs game in which pretty much every chance we had ended up in the back of the net. It is unsustainable.

He's getting the best out of a bang average midfield. I really think he'd have gone into the game thinking we could dominate Fulham but you can't legislate for Davies and Gomes getting the run around. At that point his hands are tied.

Carlo didn’t sign to not get players he wants

hope not Matty

because he deserves better than having fans whinge at him during his first proper season, for not providing flowing expansive football and wins every week whilst trying to wring consistent decent performances out of some of the players he is stuck with

get rid of more crap, and get 2 or 3 in better than we have and 1 baller and then let’s see how we set up each week

Fulham has way more possession against Leicester and others, they play a possession game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.