2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the problem, he'll be at Real for 6-7 months before getting fired again, just long enough for him to sell all their better players to us on the cheap.
All we need is a temp manager to see us to Christmas and King Carlo will be back, and we'll have a much improved squad.

Been an Everton sufferer all my life and yet am not an expert in punditry (only grief) because I enjoy the craic of the game and try not to overanalyze things football etc. All I want is a manager that wants to be at Everton (most important -- big names mean nothing to me) and can at least see the dross infecting our club and either a) motivate them or get rid of them.

I do think there are big managers who have international respect only because they have inherited great processes, support, and existing player base, but if you give them a riddled club full of shiftless players then they are exposed.

In my job, we have accounts that make a lot of money for the people that run them. Yet when these 'experts' are moved to poorer performing accounts because they have the 'Midas touch' they ultimately fall short. When the accounts continue to underperform under their 'leadership' they blame everyone else because they themselves are not up to the task and perhaps have coasted or been unduly praised. I myself receive praise for huge orders that fall into my lap but am berated for orders I spent weeks on not materializing.

That is not to say there are not talented/gifted managers out there. But the older I get I realize true success relies on an alignment of so many contributing factors that it's a crapshoot at best.

But I'm just some bloke that hates EFC, what do I know. Be nice to each other.

At least we're still a lovely family club. Bill and Denise are charming. Farhad understands how to do things the Everton way. What more could you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.