2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joking aside the robbery to his home would have been traumatising.

Coming from Ireland two things shocked me when I went to university in Liverpool. 1.Concrete, everywhere. Being so used to greenery I couldn’t get my head around the lack of grass (of course this is natural for a city). 2.Crime. Never witnessed petty crime before. Homes here largely unlocked, while in shops the security is minimal. In stark contrast crime in Liverpool was everywhere, and first seeing bars on ground floor windows was especially shocking (reminded me of Marty McFly in Back to the Future II coming back to an alternate crime riddled Hill Valley with bars in his old home). Grocery stores had a perspex screen covering the food so you felt like you were in a bank...biscuits put through a slot was surreal. Witnessed a lad no more than 12 taunting a cop (bizzy) by smashing a phone box while the cop stood no more than 30 yards from him. Saw a couple of police chases in the middle of town. Our student digs got burgled, and on one occasion we suspected someone was outside and we went out to investigate while carrying machetes (flat mate owned quite a few). It was a shock to the system all this. I wonder how much his own experience played in Carlos decision.

You do know that he’s
lived in and managed Napoli don’t you mate lol

"All teams have objectives - at Madrid it is to win Liga and UCL. At Everton it was to fight to qualify for Europe. Success for a coach is not just winning trophies. Last season Everton battled relegation, so having chance to make Europe on final day was success."

Yup, last season was a massive success wasn’t it you utter bell.

They’re loving it

Oh I don’t doubt it

Next will be Tales of Blue by Dave Prentice on how Bill hugged his memorabilia (no sexual innuendo) in sorrow at the loss of Carlo , looking for a sign with a pose straight from a Shakespeare play , on who to hire next and take this magnificent club with a board everyone else envies , to glory.

"I think each team has an objective and challenge to try and achieve. The objective of Everton is to try and get into European football. Success isn't just winning trophies, success for a manager is to reach the objective the club has."

"Everton doesn't have the objective to win the Premier League. To get to the last game fighting for Europe, I think that was a success."

giphy.gif

"I think each team has an objective and challenge to try and achieve. The objective of Everton is to try and get into European football. Success isn't just winning trophies, success for a manager is to reach the objective the club has."

"Everton doesn't have the objective to win the Premier League. To get to the last game fighting for Europe, I think that was a success."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We don’t know what he had been told by the board to be fair . What they saw as a measure of success for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.