2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned him being burgled may have been a factor in his decision. I don’t know, but at his age you don’t want to be dealing with that crap.

What I don’t understand is why extra security isn’t arranged for managers and players. It happens so frequently that you would have thought a system would be in place to mitigate it by now.

It's a shame he didn't choose to stay, but Carlo has always made it quite clear that Football Management is just a job to him. Says as much in his book. Just as he expects to eventually get sacked without sentimentality, in this instance he moved to the top of the football pyramid without sentimentality.
What's worrying is that he weighed it up against the Everton project and judged the Real Madrid job to be better.
That's not entirely surprising, it's Real Madrid, but it does fully undermine any trust in the board's ability to see the project through.

Won league in italy
Won league in england
Won league in france
Won league in germany
Never won league in spain. Couldnt it just be a case of unfinished business in spain to have won the lot.
Genuinely have no animosity towards him. Its done.

Someone mentioned him being burgled may have been a factor in his decision. I don’t know, but at his age you don’t want to be dealing with that crap.

What I don’t understand is why extra security isn’t arranged for managers and players. It happens so frequently that you would have thought a system would be in place to mitigate it by now.
Well when your earning over a hundred grand a week I think it’s fair to say ....... they should pay it themselves.

He's going to a bigger club with an absolute expectation of success. The pressure will be on him at Real Madrid. That's hardly a cowardly move. Clearly his heart wasn't in it at Everton so I'd rather have a manager that really wants the job.

Of course its a cowardly move, it depends on your perspective. He can't win with Siggy, Iwobi and Bernard so he traded them for Vinicius, Casemiro, Benzema.

He ditched us real quick, didn't even have a real season with the fans - he was here for a few months and then it was empty stadiums for the rest of it. Probably thought it was the most depressing thing he'd ever seen. I wouldn't begrudge him if he had a couple of seasons here at the very least, but leaving after one season almost shows contempt at the surroundings around him rather than even trying to help us in anyway. It was more about saving his legacy first. So he's a coward. Expected more from someone who wrote two books about quiet leadership and being an ordinary genius.

First time I've had the heart to think about another manager, but agree with your choices, unless some outrageously superb candidate pops up out of somewhere. With Nuno we have a chance of a few Wolves players, Netto etc.
I think we'd all want Conte etc, but they aren't coming here.

If we offer a manager like Nuno a better quality player I'd be confident he can do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.