2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is even though he's a multimillionaire and only recently was banging on about the Super League. Just shows his hypocrisy had a price.
Yeah but we've been on a manager stealing tour for the passed 20 plus years. All them managers would have spewed the same guff as we laughed at the outrage from the fans just a half level below us, if you'd call it that.

Be a fool to take any ones word especially people in power politions managers etc. Anybody really. Everyone is full of crap. I catch my wife and family out on lies on a daily basis mate. What chance you have with some Italian that relies on your support we just met last year.

The 'can only win things with top clubs' shouts are embarrassing. 'My gran would win things at Madrid, bayern, Milan.' No she wouldn't. And nor would an average manager. Yeah a team full of top talent will make it to last stages of competitions by default but you need to be a top manager to win. And any top manager needs a good team to win things. Jesus christ himself would need 4 years with this current Everton accumulating a side capable of winning things.

Carlo is in demand by top clubs cause he is a top manager. Top clubs don't just get top players and decide the manager isn't important.

Imagine chasing him out you complete bozos.

You'll reap what you sow.

I don’t think he would’ve stayed if bozos didn’t type mean things on the internet about him mate.

Depends how good the players are as well though.

Barca have been managed by some absolute duds since Pep left but most of them have still won the league and Koeman won the cup. Ancelotti has managed great teams for most of the last 20 years and has fewer league titles than would be expected for that.

Ancelotti is very much a manager that relies on the talent of players to succeed. He's not a manager who's got a record of outperforming the level of talent he has in a squad over a season.
Yes but do we want a glass sealing percentages manager. Or do you wanna count yourself lucky you have a world class manager type manager and pray it attracts the clientele we need hoping we can utilise he's class.

Giz us your Job mate - lol

1622640424078.png

It's shifting.

I'd take Nuno but I think he's taken already.

I like the idea of Favre and his football.

But I'd also like to see Lampard given a go here. He'd get in and promote from the academy and get us playing a more vibrant brand of football. He'll be desperate to get in a club and prove himself.

Here's a quote from his time at Derby I liked:

“In terms of style of play, I want to play good football. We want to try to play. We have been one of the teams in the Championship this season who try to play. We try to move the ball through the pitch, rather than being too direct, that’s not my style. It is not the way I want to play.

“I want my team to play good football, but on the other side of that, I want them to be really aggressive and win the ball back."

I rate him, and he's played a big part in this Chelsea team coming to fruition.
I'd forgotten about Lamport Dave, he Defford likes us, I remember him appreciating the fact he always got a good reception here as a player, the swine always scored against us as well.

It would certainly be a cost effective solution and with the low bar Ancelotti has set he'd not have much to beat.......although his pride and love of Everton would ensure he bettered him by a long way.

Nothing at all to lose giving Ferguson a season as Number 1 and a lot to gain. No more "Big Names" please who have to google to know where Everton is, then only come for the money until a bigger fish comes along.

It would certainly be a cost effective solution and with the low bar Ancelotti has set he'd not have much to beat.......although his pride and love of Everton would ensure he bettered him by a long way.

Nothing at all to lose giving Ferguson a season as Number 1 and a lot to gain. No more "Big Names" please who have to google to know where Everton is, then only come for the money until a bigger fish comes along.
I mean there is like.

It's a shame he didn't choose to stay, but Carlo has always made it quite clear that Football Management is just a job to him. Says as much in his book. Just as he expects to eventually get sacked without sentimentality, in this instance he moved to the top of the football pyramid without sentimentality.
What's worrying is that he weighed it up against the Everton project and judged the Real Madrid job to be better.
That's not entirely surprising, it's Real Madrid, but it does fully undermine any trust in the board's ability to see the project through.

I feel that year after year this club sucks the life from me and gives very little back... yet again the real promise of a European campaign is replaced with the reality of a 10th place finish. At least nowadays we are spared the release of “The Magnificent 10th” DVD. Ancelotti installed hope to this club and although we were all deeply embarrassed by our failures this year I still held on to a hope that once the fans returned that Carlo could get a return from our sorry squad. Todays departure signifies a huge step backwards in my eyes. Looking at the names that are now listed as the front runners just saddens me further. I honestly feel that we are closer to becoming the next Sunderland than we are as serious challengers for the converted European competitions. It has been going downhill for too long and I honestly fear that that fall will now increase in speed. I do not see a saviour on the horizon. Changes....... big courageous changes are needed in order to get this team/ Club back on the right track. Im tired of harbouring a hatred for the only team that I have ever supported but year after year I am left exhausted by this Clubs underachievments.

Status
Not open for further replies.