2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so desperate to absolve Ancelotti of all responsibility, aren’t you?

Milner played for 6 mins. Ox played for barely 20. How you can say a £7m Japanese player from the Austrian league would be a definite starter for us based on an hour of Football is madness.

That leaves their 2nd string, Origi, Lallana, Gomez and West Ham’s 3rd choice GK in net. That shouldn’t be enough to beat what was essentially our 1st choice lineup bar Gomes should it?

They had 6 kids in Williams, Phillips, Chirivella, Larouci, Elliott and Jones that hadn’t started a 1st team game before. They shouldn’t have beat us. Ancelotti MUST take some of the blame.

He sets us up. He picks the team. He picks the formation. He motivates them and sends them out to play his way. And he had them for more than a couple of weeks worth of training and 2 matches before the derby. It’s not like it was his 1st game.

Give it up, mate, it’s a weak argument.

This.

I'm fully behind Ancelotti, but he clearly made some mistakes. He underestimated Liverpool's energy and his whole team's lack of energy, it was obvious in the first half, and it was exposed in the second. He got the midfield wrong even though we have injury issues in CM, he should have adjusted accordingly.

I know it would have been embarrasing but a 0-0 draw would have been suitable for us, because the players had played 4 games in 2 weeks, and couldn't handle Liverpool's press.

We are such a bad loser. We lost to the better team and better individuals.
He managed 4 games in 10 days and used most of the time just for recovery.
But I expect we will not get beaten again this season lol

I watched the villa game they played exactly the same but Villa took all their chances you don’t score you don’t win it is simple as Carlo said

We have drawn there a few times the last few years 1-1 an 0-0 we just havnt won there.
The problem is you are believing that the Liverpool team was there u23 and it wasn’t, yes they had 1 16 and 2 18 year olds but they all played in the main team this season. Mix in with Origi/Llana/Gomez/OX/Milner/Minamoto who would all be 1st team starters in our team. Yes it’s not their main team but it’s a side of quality older players mixed with very very good youth players taking on a team that had all the pressure on them, in a very important game for us, a chance to break a hoodoo plus most of that team has played 4 games in 11 days pervious. The Liverpool team where all fresh.
Then you got the 3-4 sitters we missed and the worldie that they scored, our players ran out of steam.
Ancelotti been in charge for 2 weeks an 1 day and we played 4 games. 3 of them away from home. He’s has zero time to work with the players, he can’t take any blame. He implanted tactics which the players stopped following and went in to complete break down.
They had 1 top class effort and it went in(as it always does)

Quality older players that don't make their starting XI... I don't hold Ancelotti responsible, our squad isn't good enough. At times like this just best to hold your hands up and say the better team won.

We've just got to look to the future as fans and hope things improve. It's going to be a long struggle. As someone said earlier in this thread, the scale of the task is such that Ancelotti might just be the guy to lay the foundations because we've got that much ground to make up against 7 teams who are better equipped than us.

He didn’t, the players did, they reverted to type, Sigi passed more to Pickford then he did DCL/Rich combined
Snides passed to Mina more then DCL/Rich combined
Yeh, they “reverted to type”
What ever they had been told to do, which certainly was to play out from the back, left them totally bereft. These guys have been playing football for most of their lives, they don’t revert to type.

Boyland and O'Keefe's article in the athletic today has Ferguson spending 25 minutes with the players in the dressing room on sunday and "senior players" blaming tactics and set up for being unable to pass the ball forward or find a man or put 3 passes together.

Some of em have just signed their release there, I reckon.

The only thing im taking from this is he must have seen how [Poor language removed] they are and how most of them are not up for the fight.. give him time and im sure he will sort it...

Boyland and O'Keefe's article in the athletic today has Ferguson spending 25 minutes with the players in the dressing room on sunday and "senior players" blaming tactics and set up for being unable to pass the ball forward or find a man or put 3 passes together.

Some of em have just signed their release there, I reckon.
All the rumblings starting now, Walcott Keane and Gylfi supposedly allowed to leave according to the mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.