2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Dunc laid into the players at full time and the senior players had the nerve to blame Ancelloti's tactics .

Apparently there is more information on the Athletic website but I'm not paying those stupid prices they ask for .

Because the tactics were woeful. Sod trying to hit DCL and Richie with long balls while they are up against the weakest RS defence in history, play out from the back with defenders who are not up to it to midfielders who were out of position (gylf) and against the most pressing side in the country. It is laughable that you can not see this. My mates were all over it the next day, it was totally obvious.

We are such a bad loser. We lost to the better team and better individuals.
He managed 4 games in 10 days and used most of the time just for recovery.
But I expect we will not get beaten again this season lol
thats what happens every season,lose all the important games,season over january.
win a few playing with no pressure,get everyones hopes up.
august comes around and start losing again,
rinse and repeat!

Apparently Dunc laid into the players at full time and the senior players had the nerve to blame Ancelloti's tactics .

Apparently there is more information on the Athletic website but I'm not paying those stupid prices they ask for .

Senior players who've had 4 managers sacked in 5 years or a manager who has won multiple league titles and cups........................hmmmmm.

Well we need to be rid of about 9 of those 11 that started against Liverpool, so that tells you how much of a job Ancelotti has on his hands. Only saving grace I can see is that he must surely have been given assurances about spending, as no manager in the world could take this group of players and have them finish anywhere more than lingering in the bottom half.

That is Schneids, he has been like that for 2 years but, the rest of the players that dominated Chelsea and UTD etc have the ability to play well together but were totally at sixes and sevens. It was the worst performance most have seen, it is not coincidence that all 11 players have a bad day, it was the tactics that were way off.
We played well once under Ferguson and it was against Chelsea (even then we rode our luck) better finishing from them and it would have been a different story. That Utd game was piss poor from both sides and they controlled the game. Only decent chance we made was an own goal

wow, bin them all, You missed 3 sitters in the first half you absolute morons.

Doesn't make for good reading either way.

Ancelotti does need to be hands-on with these players, there is no other option.

In no way does that absolve players of personal responsibility though and its clear there are several shirkers in this squad.

It is better to clear the air if needed, but with a particular manager and group of players, you do that once and once only.

He has inherited a mess, but you start as you mean to go on, so it doesn't give Ancelotti a free pass.

We have had the same issues under several managers - it is now up to Ancelotti to chart a way out once and for all.

That is Schneids, he has been like that for 2 years but, the rest of the players that dominated Chelsea and UTD etc have the ability to play well together but were totally at sixes and sevens. It was the worst performance most have seen, it is not coincidence that all 11 players have a bad day, it was the tactics that were way off.
No, as other posters have explained, tactics don't explain why players aren't passing properly. Why they were giving up.
That performance isn't a one-off. It's not the result of poor tactics or a manager getting it wrong on the day.
It's the players. It's the 'senior' players.

What 'tactics' would have seen us beat that team on Sunday?
Did Ancelotti tell everyone to aim at the keeper in the first half?

Senior players who've had 4 managers sacked in 5 years or a manager who has won multiple league titles and cups........................hmmmmm.
SO you think that the managers who BOUGHT the players and set them up to play the way they want and with the motivation they give the players are NOT to blame and it is the players??

Jesus, it is like none of you have ever played football before. If you are so sure it is players who make games then why do teams bother having the best managers in the world at high prices, just let the players get on with it, they can do their own formations mate.

Utter madness all over this forum

@bol-uk is right in fairness Ancelotti's tactics and team selection left alot to be desired.

However at the same time the players squandered numerous chances in the first half and shown no fight in the 2nd.

A combination of both in fairness.

I'd go with that.

I'd also bet Ancelotti is smart enough to own up to any mistake and not make it twice.

The rest of them, lets see.

Well no point in arguing with you as you have it in your mind that Carlo is a dummy ,let's all try to live with it .My view is that Klopp played the minds of our players ,they couldn't win , if we got through it was because we were playing boys and if we lost it was because we were rubbish .The best mind game I ever remember .

Status
Not open for further replies.