2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyland and O'Keefe's article in the athletic today has Ferguson spending 25 minutes with the players in the dressing room on sunday and "senior players" blaming tactics and set up for being unable to pass the ball forward or find a man or put 3 passes together.

Some of em have just signed their release there, I reckon.

This is exactly what I have been saying. You could tell they were totally lost and had no idea what to do and Carlo did nothing about it.

Our fans giving it the "they're all crap, lazy etc" need to think before they speak.

Those spineless senior players getting the hump and blaming the tactics is music to my ears!!

there’s the door, grab the handle And go.
Mate, they have stated they were unsure about tactics, ffs how can you still not see it? As always, evertonians so desperate to hate their own players they ignore the obvious truths.

Boyland and O'Keefe's article in the athletic today has Ferguson spending 25 minutes with the players in the dressing room on sunday and "senior players" blaming tactics and set up for being unable to pass the ball forward or find a man or put 3 passes together.

Some of em have just signed their release there, I reckon.

If thays true they must think they have what it takes to manage themselves. It'll be Martinez, Unsworth, Koeman, Silva who they've seen off already due to how tactically superior they are.

We'll soon found out Saturday who has been a knobhead behind the scenes becissr they won't be getting a game for Everton.

This is exactly what I have been saying. You could tell they were totally lost and had no idea what to do and Carlo did nothing about it.

Our fans giving it the "they're all crap, lazy etc" need to think before they speak.

Could be this is where Carlo's approach of empowering players and encouraging them to adapt within the game comes up against a cadre of players who are used to everything being dictated to them.

It may be that until the close season he needs to change his approach a little and nursemaid them through games. He's not dealing with Nesta, Maldini or Pirlo out there, more's the pity.

They are crap and lazy. Did you not see MS for the goal, or Gylfi not making a tackle in the game? As professional footballers they should be able to pass/control a ball, Sidibe couldn't pass more than 3 yards half the time.

I don't think they're all crap and lazy, absolutely not. We have a squad full of good players that is somehow less than the sum of it's parts. We were well on top in the first half and created three or four chances which, with better composure, would have had us out of sight by half time.

However, in my opinion, Sunday we had a midfield pairing who went completely missing who were only comfortable passing the ball back to their centrebacks or sideways to full backs. I can't believe any manager is telling you to do that against a team that likes to win the ball back high up the field. They were also bafflingly lax about winning it back.

Which brings me on to the second issue... Mentality. The fear and paralysis that set in in the second half when they started getting at us was awful to watch. They're scared to make mistakes, which only leads to making more mistakes. Mentality for elite athletes can be an issue in many ways. Schneiderlin looks like a guy who looks like (amateur psychologist alert) doesn't enjoy his work, Sigurdsson I've defended a lot but something has slipped with him too and due to injuries he's being asked to play a role he's not suited to.

If we're looking at senior players who show up consistently with the right attitude, show for the ball and work hard then the only ones I could point to would be Coleman, Digne and Walcott. Unfortunately they're all bang out of form.

Mate, they have stated they were unsure about tactics, ffs how can you still not see it? As always, evertonians so desperate to hate their own players they ignore the obvious truths.

Well mate they are in the wrong sport then because tactics are a huge part of the game and they seem to have struggled with directions from 5 full time managers and 2 interim managers.

Tactics doesn't stop you being able to do a 5 yard pass to a team mate.

Tactics don't stop your natural instinct to cover your teammate in trouble.

Tactics don't tell you to lie down on the pitch pretending your injured to let the opposition score.

Tactics don't tell you to hide behind an opposition player so you can't receive a ball from a team mate

Tactics don't tell you to shoot down the tunnel asap and ignore the remaining fans inside the ground.

The players are gutless, piss poor mentality and in the main poor signings with little to no back bone or willingness to roll their sleeves up and dig out a result on a consistent basis when the going gets tough

So explain what Schneiderlin did in the lead up to the goal. With reference to tactics.

Well mate they are in the wrong sport then because tactics are a huge part of the game and they seem to have struggled with directions from 5 full time managers and 2 interim managers.

Tactics doesn't stop you being able to do a 5 yard pass to a team mate.

Tactics don't stop your natural instinct to cover your teammate in trouble.

Tactics don't tell you to lie down on the pitch pretending your injured to let the opposition score.

Tactics don't tell you to hide behind an opposition player so you can't receive a ball from a team mate

Tactics don't tell you to shoot down the tunnel asap and ignore the remaining fans inside the ground.

The players are gutless, piss poor mentality and in the main poor signings with little to no back bone or willingness to roll their sleeves up and dig out a result on a consistent basis when the going gets tough
Absolutely spot on. Zero leadership, zero personal responsibility.

Imagine being one of the no mark senior players we have and questioning the tactics of a manager like Ancelotti.

Never play them again, Carlo!
DId you not watch the game? The play out from the back tactics had all of them in bits and the press from a load of kids meant it was a shambles. It was Carlo entirely to blame. Obvs, as blues we will blame the players.

So explain what Schneiderlin did in the lead up to the goal. With reference to tactics.

That is Schneids, he has been like that for 2 years but, the rest of the players that dominated Chelsea and UTD etc have the ability to play well together but were totally at sixes and sevens. It was the worst performance most have seen, it is not coincidence that all 11 players have a bad day, it was the tactics that were way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.