2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't have got 6 points before it though in the league.

Ferguson did a great job installing some fight and energy, but tactically. We had a bit of luck against Chelsea, never got going against an awful Arsenal side who were there for the taking. Got a 1-1 draw after leading the game against United, who again, nothing special.

Note I am not criticising Ferguson for his temporary reign, We would have all have bitten off hands, legs, arms to get the points and reaction he got from the players, but tactically we we're very simple and not a huge threat going forward.

Had CA had some time with the group and brought in some of his own choices, we'd have won on Sunday comfortably.

Regardless of that, we had FOUR clear cut chances to take the lead in the first half, we didn't take them. We go in first half 2/3-0 up we've won the game and ended the voodoo. Players have to take the blamef or what was a cowardly, energyless, dull performance.

FOUR EFFING SITTERS.
one sitter three half chances imo..... but even the one goal would have given us a chance dont forget they had a good bench ours was limited,and fetching Delph on FGS.....

I just feel if Dunc had been in charge we would have not lost that game.... Just a feeling , and also why did he declare right from the off no matter what results he got he never wanted the job?
He did that because he is sensible enough to realise it was a poor idea in the long term, and many decisions in football are made far too quickly or reactionary (see Ole at Utd).

He needs to learn much more and wants the best for Everton.

Martinez and Silva had too much belief in consistently under performing senior players

Koeman was too arrogant to drop a player he brought into the team

Allardyce is Allardyce

Ancelotti however, confident he'll have no issue whatsoever in getting shut of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane. Whether that be punting them ASAP or keeping them away from the first team.

Martinez and Silva had too much belief in consistently under performing senior players

Allardyce is Allardyce

Ancelotti however, confident he'll have no issue whatsoever in getting shut of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane. Whether that be punting them ASAP or keeping them away from the first team.
Allardyce largely recognised our squad is a bit poo and played accordingly.

Hope Carlo does the business and culls them all mate.

If the plan was not to play it out from the back, what was it?

The gap between our centre mid and DCL was always like the English channel.

What was our plan when the long balls in the channels were intercepted? Allow Lpool youngsters to dominate possession?
Ancelloti must know from watching tape how slow and inadequate in tracking/tackling Gulfy/Scheid are.

Surely when he saw their team full of kids the number 1 priority was to get bodies in and try to establish control in the centre of the pitch??
God even Villa worked that out.

Allardyce is Allardyce

Agreed with this.

An interesting question would be: What if he wants and values, say, Sig? Will people rate him more because a guy that knows more about football than this forum combined may rate him?

I just feel if Dunc had been in charge we would have not lost that game.... Just a feeling , and also why did he declare right from the off no matter what results he got he never wanted the job?

i am not sure Joey, you have to look at our players and as for Kieran do not what has got his goat because I called our players bin lids. They damn well were, ands think how much they are paid and give us the worst display we have seen from an Everton team in Donkey's years. So I do not blame the manager but our bin lid players.

My biggest concern is the fact he's supposedly a hands off coach. These players aren't the superstars of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid, they need to be coached and improved on a daily basis. Hopefully his staff are capable in this area.

When you look at the way Liverpool and even Leeds in the first half last night play, you can tell it's because of the work they've put in on the training ground. Convinced we need something similar if we're going to turn this around.
Silva was a hand on coach.. how many CL does he have?

Status
Not open for further replies.