2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. They couldn’t cope with being closed down, the two slugs in midfield didn’t show for them, and when they did, they played it straight back be cause they were under pressure themselves.

Ancelotti was telling them to play it out quicker. It took them so long to pass it out, Liverpool were ready for it.
We had that forever, at home we are more confident on the ball an try and impose ourselves but away we are shocking, There no confidence in the team, we beat Newcastle but they basically played long ball and allowed us to control the play.

Winning 2 of 22 awaygames must take its toll mentally

For those who watch South Park (specifically 'Taming Strange S17 E5), I'm starting to think that Brands is Mr Mackey, Carlo is Pat Conners and this Everton side is the Intelli-link gold package.

We 100% need to upgrade to the Centurion package.

My biggest concern is the fact he's supposedly a hands off coach. These players aren't the superstars of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid, they need to be coached and improved on a daily basis. Hopefully his staff are capable in this area.

When you look at the way Liverpool and even Leeds in the first half last night play, you can tell it's because of the work they've put in on the training ground. Convinced we need something similar if we're going to turn this around.

Ancelotti's lucky in one respect, he's in the 'Managers Honeymoon Period' were, if he can't actually ask for more or less anything.

He could propose...and should be granted...the power make some pretty draconian decisions, because he's only been in the job 18 days - unlike say, Silva who with 18mths under his belt and would no doubt have been told...this is your mess, you fix it...we're not going anywhere near your 'Plan A for Apocalypse.' - we'll be a laughing stock.

I think Ancalotti can look forward to having that same 'Plan A for Apocalypse' reluctantly approved...because we have to do something, we are a 'kin laughing stock.

Make it a good one Carlo - root and branch - no quarter, free transfers all around, no punishmemt too harsh, no humiliation too degrading etc etc.

(I wonder how my choice - borderline nut job Bielsa, would handle this)

If he has a genuine desire to improve us and sees the magnitude of his task, he may find eventually he has to communicate his intent directly to the fans and wider media and put indirect pressure on the board that way. He has all the influence and power so as he learns how Everton operate, he will have to decide how best he uses it.

Koeman tried this tactic on occasion, but it was always more from the desire to deflect blame rather than any particular interest on his part to actually roll his sleeves up and get stuck into the task. He was quite dismissive of Walsh on several occasions for example. Whilst he might have had a point, it wasn't and isn't a way to make allies higher up.

Ancelotti is not an abrasive figure but he does need to get the balance right between constructive criticism, whether it be of players or management, and not saying anything which means that problems, many of which are endemic, continue to linger.

He should be given as much authority as he requires, as there is nobody else here who can turn us around, if he can at all himself. My concern is that he internal politics at Everton will take their toll. I think Sunday confimed what a gigantic task Ancelotti has in front of him.

We literally have to begin again. Realistically I think the most optimistic outcome is that he finishes the job of equipping us for success, rather than being successful outright. I will gladly take that outcome if he can manage it.

Still cannot believe he played out from the back for 90 minutes, against their pressing game, with our panicy defence when our in form striker wasn’t getting a touch

If he has a genuine desire to improve us and sees the magnitude of his task, he may find eventually he has to communicate his intent directly to the fans and wider media and put indirect pressure on the board that way. He has all the influence and power so as he learns how Everton operate, he will have to decide how best he uses it.

Koeman tried this tactic on occasion, but it was always more from the desire to deflect blame rather than any particular interest on his part to actually roll his sleeves up and get stuck into the task. He was quite dismissive of Walsh on several occasions for example. Whilst he might have had a point, it wasn't and isn't a way to make allies higher up.

Ancelotti is not an abrasive figure but he does need to get the balance right between constructive criticism, whether it be of players or management, and not saying anything which means that problems, many of which are endemic, continue to linger.

He should be given as much authority as he requires, as there is nobody else here who can turn us around, if he can at all himself. My concern is that he internal politics at Everton will take their toll. I think Sunday confimed what a gigantic task Ancelotti has in front of him.

We literally have to begin again. Realistically I think the most optimistic outcome is that he finishes the job of equipping us for success, rather than being successful outright. I will gladly take that outcome if he can manage it.

Unfortunately I think you're right. We are coming from such a low base with an incredibly average squad it is like starting the project from scratch. The problem isn't just what we do, it's all of the clubs around trying to do the same. There are at least 7 teams right now who are better equipped to achieve their ambitions than we are. Right now we are on a level with West Ham.

Not sure on which thread to put this but I'll shove it on here.
As much as I dislike Klippity he is a charismatic character.
Everyone looks up to him like little puppies to its owner, wanting to please him and not wishing to let him down. It plainly shows everytime they play when they look to him to pat them on the head and give them a hug.
They are so in awe that they will give their soul to be with him and be loved by him. It's like he's a favourite uncle, big brother and Dad all rolled into one and they don't want to upset him so they leave nowt on the pitch.
It's a rare commodity and I can only pray that Carlo can generate that same feeling but I'm afraid he will be what 99% of managers are, just that, managers. He will succeed or he won't but I suspect he will never generate or replicate that same adoration which seems to permeate throughout the RS currently.
And I'm so 'kin envious that's how bad I feel about my beloved Club.

Harry Catterick was the exact opposite and he did pretty well.

We played much better under Dunc (I think it's fair to give him credit for Burnley and Newcastle) The reason being that we were positive and got the ball forward quickly to in-form strikers.Unfortunately, an Italian manager (coming from the Italian League as well) will instinctively play a slow(boring ?) style--endless passing to and fro at the back,starving the attackers etc.. This was always going to happen with this appointment.The honeymoon period won't last long if we have to put up with these tactics for long.The players didn't look bad under Dunc,because the style of play suited them.We are now trying to put square pegs in round holes,and it will never work for the team or the fans.A tactical re-think is required urgently !

Ancelotti's lucky in one respect, he's in the 'Managers Honeymoon Period' were, if he can't actually ask for more or less anything.

He could propose...and should be granted...the power make some pretty draconian decisions, because he's only been in the job 18 days - unlike say, Silva who with 18mths under his belt and would no doubt have been told...this is your mess, you fix it...we're not going anywhere near your 'Plan A for Apocalypse.' - we'll be a laughing stock.

I think Ancalotti can look forward to having that same 'Plan A for Apocalypse' reluctantly approved...because we have to do something, we are a 'kin laughing stock.

Make it a good one Carlo - root and branch - no quarter, free transfers all around, no punishmemt too harsh, no humiliation too degrading etc etc.

(I wonder how my choice - borderline nut job Bielsa, would handle this)
Thats being a tad generous I think lol

Status
Not open for further replies.