2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried that if results go south over the next month he's not capable of motivating this side enough to get us out of trouble

He's used to winning titles and playing in cup finals, not scrapping down the bottom of the league for wins

After yesterdays performance you have to wonder how this side will perform in the league against tough teams like Brighton
We are not in trouble

A big problem is that the players in the forward positions aren't very good at finding space and doing anything with the ball either. If you roll the ball into DCL you're probably happy if he gets it under control and passes it back. Roll the ball into someone like Firmino he'll probably beat his man and open up the pitch for the rest of the forward line. It's not just the midfield, it's the whole team that is lacking.

big part of the reason why the space become scarce is due to the slow short buildup. At this level it take about 5 aimless passes amongst ourselves in our own half and the opponent will have enough time to set up 2 banks of four with every one of our players closely mark. We are clearly adding to our existing problems. With limited quality, facing an organise defensive shape is the last thing we need.
Quick breakaway with less defenders to deal with will be much easier for our limited front four. I think this is what Ancelotti is trying to do, and quick breakaway require a lot of forward passing.

Last edited:
It will certainly be fascinating to watch as an experiment. But I'd have preferred someone with the experience we need rather than taking the gamble. Again.

After all, you don't get the interior designers in to lay the foundations of your new house.

I just hope Carlo is good at digging out and digging in.
What???
That like saying the guy who owns Amazon can’t run a corner shop.

You get the best manager available and we did, of course he can do this, he makes player better, he inspires players, he’s a winner are players are not

I'm confident the Derby would have been a different game with him in charge.

He arguably extracted more from that group of players and we've now plumbed new depths I didn't even think imaginable as an Everton fan (and I guess that's saying something).
We....Sorry me and the actual Everton’s on this forum know for a fact we would of lost with Dunc in... the players arnt good enough, They wilt in stead of standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.