2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
our midfielders lack the courage to pass forward because they are paralysed by the fear of losing the ball.

I agree to a point, but ability plays a part too - we are fielding players who are just not at the desired level.

Gomes isn’t the perfect player but he has the ability to pass the ball forward and he does it a lot more than our other players.

our midfielders lack the courage to pass forward because they are paralysed by the fear of losing the ball. Short safe passes become the easy way out. This problem is deeply entrenched in the mindset of our players and this is the opposite of how Ancelotti wants us to play. This is one of the major reason we’ve done badly since signing siggy and Schneiderlin. Delph is another one who just contribute to the misery.

I don’t think they lacked the ability, because deciding where to pass is just a matter of choice, the lack of courage dictates our failure. Which was highlighted during Ancelotti second press conference.

A big problem is that the players in the forward positions aren't very good at finding space and doing anything with the ball either. If you roll the ball into DCL you're probably happy if he gets it under control and passes it back. Roll the ball into someone like Firmino he'll probably beat his man and open up the pitch for the rest of the forward line. It's not just the midfield, it's the whole team that is lacking.

Wake up call for Carlo, he’s a vastly experienced manager and given time he will get it right, he knows now what needs to be done and hopefully the board will back him up to the hilt
He did say before the city game that the games against city and Liverpool would give him a better indication where the team is at. After watching those performances, I gather that he’s learnt a lot and you’ll find that players will be moved in either this window or in the summer.

Looked uninterested yesterday, but maybe that's his demeaner
According to Alan Myers he was fuming yesterday and gave a number of players an ear bashing and waving his arms about, I think he was very frustrated at the end, time will tell over the coming weeks months how motivated he is, but one thing I can say is he is our one positive at the moment and it is something we should embrace

Looked uninterested yesterday, but maybe that's his demeaner
He’s never been the most animated of managers. I’d prefer him to act as he does, but show his passion within the confines of the dressing room, as opposed to klopp performing like a demented seal on the touchline every game.

I'm worried his heart is not in it here. Anyone else?

A lot of people are saying he is now realising the extent of the task he has in front of him.

We’re talking about a world class manager here who has forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know.

He knew the scope of the task when he signed up and he must have been up for the challenge.

I don’t believe he would risk damaging his reputation by going along for the ride. He will have been promised funds and backing. I think his heart will be in it so long as the owners come good on this.

This is why he was pissed

Sigi passed to Pickford more time then he passed to Rich and DCL combined
Snides passed more time to Mina then he did Rich and DCL combined

That’s why we are rubbish.. Midfield

Not sure on which thread to put this but I'll shove it on here.
As much as I dislike Klippity he is a charismatic character.
Everyone looks up to him like little puppies to its owner, wanting to please him and not wishing to let him down. It plainly shows everytime they play when they look to him to pat them on the head and give them a hug.
They are so in awe that they will give their soul to be with him and be loved by him. It's like he's a favourite uncle, big brother and Dad all rolled into one and they don't want to upset him so they leave nowt on the pitch.
It's a rare commodity and I can only pray that Carlo can generate that same feeling but I'm afraid he will be what 99% of managers are, just that, managers. He will succeed or he won't but I suspect he will never generate or replicate that same adoration which seems to permeate throughout the RS currently.
And I'm so 'kin envious that's how bad I feel about my beloved Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.