2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played much better under Dunc (I think it's fair to give him credit for Burnley and Newcastle) The reason being that we were positive and got the ball forward quickly to in-form strikers.Unfortunately, an Italian manager (coming from the Italian League as well) will instinctively play a slow(boring ?) style--endless passing to and fro at the back,starving the attackers etc.. This was always going to happen with this appointment.The honeymoon period won't last long if we have to put up with these tactics for long.The players didn't look bad under Dunc,because the style of play suited them.We are now trying to put square pegs in round holes,and it will never work for the team or the fans.A tactical re-think is required urgently !
Welcome to the forum

That wasn’t remotely the tactics, the players reverted to type. Ancelotti has said he hasn’t had any chance to train them.
Under Dunc we played well for 1 game, Arsenal game was awful

And yet the other lots kids ran us off the park second half. Think attitude comes into it with our squad.
They have a philosophy built in to the team over 4 years and they played 5 reserve team players. Who would all get in our starting line up. Klopp cleverly put all the pressure on our lads and they did what they always do and folded.

If the plan was not to play it out from the back, what was it?

The gap between our centre mid and DCL was always like the English channel.

What was our plan when the long balls in the channels were intercepted? Allow Lpool youngsters to dominate possession?
Ancelloti must know from watching tape how slow and inadequate in tracking/tackling Gulfy/Scheid are.

Surely when he saw their team full of kids the number 1 priority was to get bodies in and try to establish control in the centre of the pitch??
He played 3-4-3 to cover for weakness in midfield but the players just folded, it’s not like it’s nothing new, Brighton 2-1 up lost, Newcastle 2-0 up lost, Bournemouth 2-0 up drew. Got beat 5-2 a few weeks ago there

So Liverpool's line up had more ability than ours did the other day? That's why we lost? Because they had better players?

Or is it true that 'inferior' managers have taken far worse teams to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Etihad, Emirates and, having played against stronger teams than we played against on Sunday, and not just competed, but actually got a result.

Isn't it actually Carlo's job to get that right? He picks the players, he motivates them, he organises them, he chooses if, when and how to play them and the results are ultimately his responsibility.

Why not just call it like it is? It's a game we should have won and we played terribly, that's on the manager just as much as the players, if not more so.
Liverpool have won 48/52 games at Anfield well 49/53 now

I just feel if Dunc had been in charge we would have not lost that game.... Just a feeling , and also why did he declare right from the off no matter what results he got he never wanted the job?
They scored a worldie and we missed 3 sitters.

We wouldn't have got 6 points before it though in the league.

Ferguson did a great job installing some fight and energy, but tactically. We had a bit of luck against Chelsea, never got going against an awful Arsenal side who were there for the taking. Got a 1-1 draw after leading the game against United, who again, nothing special.

Note I am not criticising Ferguson for his temporary reign, We would have all have bitten off hands, legs, arms to get the points and reaction he got from the players, but tactically we we're very simple and not a huge threat going forward.

Had CA had some time with the group and brought in some of his own choices, we'd have won on Sunday comfortably.

Regardless of that, we had FOUR clear cut chances to take the lead in the first half, we didn't take them. We go in first half 2/3-0 up we've won the game and ended the voodoo. Players have to take the blamef or what was a cowardly, energyless, dull performance.

FOUR EFFING SITTERS.
An they scored a Worldie

one sitter three half chances imo..... but even the one goal would have given us a chance dont forget they had a good bench ours was limited,and fetching Delph on FGS.....
Look at there team. Milner/Llana/Gomes/Origi, they would all start for us Ox who came on would start

You said worse managers have gone there and got results, that’s not true

I didn’t say just at Anfield did I?

If you read it back, you’ll see I said at all the top grounds - where our record is just as atrocious.

And FWIW, Liverpool have lost at home to Palace (x 2), Swansea, Wolves, Southampton and even West Brom (as recently as 2018) under Klopp.

They’ve also drawn with several teams worse than us, so the point you’re attempting to make is categorically wrong.

Worse teams, worse managers have gone there and got results against far stronger Liverpool teams than the creche we faced the other day.

I didn’t say just at Anfield did I?

If you read it back, you’ll see I said at all the top grounds - where our record is just as atrocious.

And FWIW, Liverpool have lost at home to Palace (x 2), Swansea, Wolves, Southampton and even West Brom (as recently as 2018) under Klopp.

They’ve also drawn with several teams worse than us, so the point you’re attempting to make is categorically wrong.
We have drawn there a few times the last few years 1-1 an 0-0 we just havnt won there.
The problem is you are believing that the Liverpool team was there u23 and it wasn’t, yes they had 1 16 and 2 18 year olds but they all played in the main team this season. Mix in with Origi/Llana/Gomez/OX/Milner/Minamoto who would all be 1st team starters in our team. Yes it’s not their main team but it’s a side of quality older players mixed with very very good youth players taking on a team that had all the pressure on them, in a very important game for us, a chance to break a hoodoo plus most of that team has played 4 games in 11 days pervious. The Liverpool team where all fresh.
Then you got the 3-4 sitters we missed and the worldie that they scored, our players ran out of steam.
Ancelotti been in charge for 2 weeks an 1 day and we played 4 games. 3 of them away from home. He’s has zero time to work with the players, he can’t take any blame. He implanted tactics which the players stopped following and went in to complete break down.
They had 1 top class effort and it went in(as it always does)

Status
Not open for further replies.