2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new goal kicks we take.
We pass it two yards and the defenders play a series of increasingly pressurised passes to each other in our box until one of them belts it out for a throw in level with our penalty area.
At least under the old rules initial kick would have had to have gone out of the penalty area, that would be an improvement.

Amazing some posters think Ancelotti has come here without hunger to win.

He'd have his pick of sides if he had waited.
If Anchelotti wins something at this club then it will surely be one, if not THE biggest achievements in his career. He must be working with the worst team he's ever managed right now. Time to buckle in and back the manager, because this is gonna take years to fix and he's going to need our backing when those rats on
pitch inevitably try even harder to stab him in the back.

This is the main thing we have to do Support Ancelotti and make sure we don’t taint his legacy - he is not in his prime but he’s no Sven or Mourinho or trapattoni as others have suggested - we are lucky the salary and idea has attracted him here! Just have to get into CL or EL 2-3 times in 4 years under him and that will be success (ie get top6 regularly and easily)

the players (and Coleman practically admitted it ) have seen off 3/4 managers and are not doing it for pride or quality or the club! They will not care about the team if they can protect their salaries and careers
the young players don’t have a winning mentality cos the best they have seen is Moyes and the older players are cashing in

i was happy with the lineup.

He knows Gordon + Branthwaite are ready + Holgate, Digne, DCL and Richarlison are there to give us enough to compete with Coleman adding leadership.

I think he wanted to see Bernard and Iwobi from the start and to assess, Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson and Walcott as well...

...clearly they all failed. He said as much after the match.

Id be very surprised if Brands isnt trying to sell all our midfielders bar Gordon.

I’m not going to judge CA until he gets his foot in the door and get some players in and gets a good full season in. No manager in the world is going to get anything out of the crap we have now.

i was happy with the lineup.

He knows Gordon + Branthwaite are ready + Holgate, Digne, DCL and Richarlison are there to give us enough to compete with Coleman adding leadership.

I think he wanted to see Bernard and Iwobi from the start and to assess, Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson and Walcott as well...

...clearly they all failed. He said as much after the match.

Id be very surprised if Brands isnt trying to sell all our midfielders bar Gordon.

Think it's more a case he has no other options. I think Gordon has looked alright but if we've learned anything over the past few years it's that we shouldn't rely on youngsters to develop after a decent start.

I like the new goal kicks we take.
We pass it two yards and the defenders play a series of increasingly pressurised passes to each other in our box until one of them belts it out for a throw in level with our penalty area.
Whilst you're spot on, it only works with better centre midfielders / midfielders playing better.
Draw pressure from the oppo, giving more space to play in if we beat the press.
We have the defenders to do it, especially Holgate.
But yeah, at the moment it just comes crashing back to us minutes later!

Ancelotti came in for a rebuilding project - there's no way he seen the quality and performances of the squad under Silva and thought "I'll have these in CL immediately". Allardyce before Silva was a crude plug to stop the drain before Silva came in. Ancelotti isn't here to make us safe or dependable.

For that to happen he needs 3 things:

1 - Proper backing from Brands/Moshiri. Not just throwing money around on mediocre players as has been the case since Moshiri came in. Proper scouting, buying the right players with the right mentality regardless if they're cheap gems or expensive coups.
2 - The players need to buy into the project. If there's a goal beyond finishing best of the rest, the players need to commit themselves to it. No more coasting through training on big wages and getting spanked by hungrier teams. Teams work better when they have belief in the common goal (for example Leicester's title winning season and Sheffield Utd this season).
3 - The fans need to stop expecting instant success and immediate failure at the same time. We laugh all the time at that lot across the park because of their delusions, but every single one of them believes they can and should win every match. Whereas we're on this side with our self-deprecating "Everton that" coping mechanism for our Stockholm Syndrome-esque relationship with hope. We all do it, myself included. Because it's easier to laugh at ourselves because everyone else is too.

We need all 3 to happen at the same time for true progress - It's no good having just two sides to a triangle. There's no point the players and fans believing in the project and being let down every transfer window. There's no point getting the right payers in if there's no project to believe in. There's no point having the players believe in a project if the fans start booing at every setback.

Our problem so far is that we've never had all 3 in recent times. Roberto Martinez had the players and fans buy into the project but didn't have the proper funding/support in the transfer market. Koeman had all 3 initially but lost the players and fans. Silva never really had the fans to begin with - in my opinion - and the recruitment was poor.

If Ancelotti can get all three things at once, I think it's not unreasonable that he can build a proper fighting team that challenges for Europe in the next couple of years.

Since Carlo left Milan in 2009. His managerial tenures haven't exactly been long-lived.

Chelsea (Jul 1, 2009) until (May 22, 2011) sacked after 695 days
Paris SG (Jan 1, 2012) until (Jun 30, 2013) moved after 546 days
Madrid (Jul 1, 2013) until (May 25, 2015) sacked after 693 days
Bayern (Jul 1, 2016) until (Sep 28, 2017) sacked after 454 days
Napoli (Jul 1, 2018) until (Dec 10, 2019) sacked after 527 days

His median stay at a club since he left Milan is 546 days. To put that into perspective Carlo has been here at Everton for 208 days so far. Football doesn't stand still so Carlo needs to start delivering.

The Evertonian in me is worries that he'll see yet another inept summer of not addressing the obvious issues in the squad and he'll walk.

Can't see him sticking around and letting Everton tarnish his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.