2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Bull fn crap that "we have players with quality and power" in midfield. Not a single one has that.

2) "I think the players lost a bit of motivation and concentraion"? That's literally something Silva would say. If these players aren't here to die for Ancelotti get them the hell out of the club.

3) yeah right, "going to have a different attitude" then Sigurdsson plays a prominent role against Villa.
Are you ok mate?

“I and everyone else at the club has total confidence in his quality. It is true he can do better and he knows this because he is critical of himself. I hope there is improvement in the next games.”
Carlo is out of tune with the opinions of Pickford in this forum. Wonder what he sees in him that the overwhelming majority on here do not?

Are you ok mate?
Yeah Im just disgusted with the team and wish Carlo would throw 80% of them under the bus for a change. Had a rough day yesterday and got really annoyed reading what he has seen over the last X months and nothing changes. I know he's not that type of manager at all, just so tired of the Tom Davies "WE WILL RESPOND" and F all happens.

It was also good to hear him say the dna of the club is to fight. All the managers we've had have missed that but Carlo's been here like 5 minutes due to the 3 month pause and he already understands it.

If we see committed footballers they will be supported, if you add good technical skills to the will to battle and then a sprinkle of ballers you have a tough team to beat. Just hoping Ancelotti and Brands can work their magic.

Probably realised that after spending 5 minutes with Dunc to be fair

There’s really something wrong if players cannot fight for Ancelotti
It is possible to show fight even while losing
It’s possible to show some effort and commitment and desire even when 2-0 down or without fans there
What else do they need for motivation?
Motivation is a complex topic, and here there are many variables that affect. Some variables are impossible to control, + man is a being who is always evolving. But as a coach, I think it's important - and this is documented in the scientific literature - to focus on performance, instead of results. These achievements are broken down into different objectives. The group must, of course, agree on these objectives and how to achieve them.

The best thing is if you manage to have a constructive dialogue between coaches and players, so that the players get co-ownership. Then you have a plan that everyone feels a responsibility for, and you can start the actual job in the training field. In addition, the players must feel a certain security, that is, it must be allowed to fail without the whip being taken out. In return, players must commit 100 percent to the plan, and take responsibility.

The consequences of violating the guidelines must be clearly defined in advance - so that the consequences are predictable. There will be players who are not mentally focused enough to have so much responsibility and freedom, and these players need to be replaced. Often it is the mentality that distinguishes a good player versus a world-class player. But a player will not be motivated in the long run just because the coach has a big name, but he must feel a certain correspondence between his own philosophy, and the coach's.

“I and everyone else at the club has total confidence in his quality. It is true he can do better and he knows this because he is critical of himself. I hope there is improvement in the next games.”
Carlo is out of tune with the opinions of Pickford in this forum. Wonder what he sees in him that the overwhelming majority on here do not?

17/18 he showed that he can be a good keeper. He’s not hit anywhere near those heights since but there wasn’t that many complaints about him that season.

Having seen tonight's starting line up, it is clear he is here to coast and cash in every month

Status
Not open for further replies.