2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, there is a way of doing things at the clubs as we learn year on year.

Ancelotti did win the league though there making him as successful as anyone else they hired.

The thing that I find funny is when managers like ancelotti and Jose are written off as being old fashioned yet they still succeed. Jose won United trophies despite being past it. Has won the league twice with Chelsea , won trophies at real, inter , Porto etc yet he is past it. Ancelotti has won something everywhere he goes bar Napoli recently. If past it still wins trophies then what do people expect a top manager to do?

In my opinion there shouldn't be any question about Carlo here. If he fails then it's not him but the players who have failed every other manager before him.

new players tho new era ;)

I like the new goal kicks we take.
We pass it two yards and the defenders play a series of increasingly pressurised passes to each other in our box until one of them belts it out for a throw in level with our penalty area.
I think the logic for the rule change was that attackers would be drawn on to the defenders in possession and there would therefore be some extra space behind them to play the ball on to your midfield. Not much chance of that outcome at Everton when the last thing our MF want is to be given possession.

I’m not going to judge CA until he gets his foot in the door and get some players in and gets a good full season in. No manager in the world is going to get anything out of the crap we have now.

But there are teams above us who on paper, as individuals, shouldn't be. Just because you've got s**t players shouldn't mean that you have to accept s**t performances week in week out. CA is being paid £10m. How can anyone accept that he's earned it so far? We've not seen much team shape or any discernible improvement. And as for spirit or entertainment, forget it.
Of course Carlo must be given players and time, but to say I've been disappointed so far is an understatement.

I agree

Except he came here for the wages not the glory. Make no mistake that his salary was a big factor in wanting to attempt to achieve something here.
Same with Koeman. Koeman had to dragged screaming and kicking up to Goodison. He then showed that it was not a move he wanted by deferring his taking up the post until he had had another few weeks holiday. At least Carlo has got stuck into the task straightaway.

We have one of the most decorated and successful managers ever to grace the game, who is trying to grind out results with one of the most inept, lazy and untalented Everton squads in recent memory, none of which he bought or had a hand in. But instead of rallying behind this man and putting pressure on our board to purge ourselves of the dross and bring in a squad worthy of this man, we are once again putting the microscope under the manager, letting the players off the hook. As the old cliché goes, this is exactly why we do not deserve nice things!

We have one of the most decorated and successful managers ever to grace the game, who is trying to grind out results with one of the most inept, lazy and untalented Everton squads in recent memory, none of which he bought or had a hand in. But instead of rallying behind this man and putting pressure on our board to purge ourselves of the dross and bring in a squad worthy of this man, we are once again putting the microscope under the manager, letting the players off the hook. As the old cliché goes, this is exactly why we do not deserve nice things!

Exactly this. The one person we should be trusting in Goodison is Ancelotti over anyone else. If he can’t sort this mess out there really is no one else to turn to. We can’t get a better manager than this. The only rung above him is possibly Guardiola (although people forget that Ancelotti’s Real smashed his Bayern side in the CL) maybe Zidane, but there’s no one else. Almost any club in Europe would swap their manager with us if offered. We have to give him whatever he wants because he’s the absolute genius but at the moment we’ve surrounded him with a truckload of horse manure and are now moaning that he smells bad.

Same with Koeman. Koeman had to dragged screaming and kicking up to Goodison. He then showed that it was not a move he wanted by deferring his taking up the post until he had had another few weeks holiday. At least Carlo has got stuck into the task straightaway.
I have all the belief in the world that ancelotti is here for all the right reasons. I believe he wants to build something here and win stuff.

Part of me still thinks if man United for example came in for him in a year or so he would seriously consider it.

But there is a reason why we can attract ancelotti and other mod table teams couldn't and it's 11 million of them

But then that's the game now. Every singke player would chase the money

Ancelotti did win the league though there making him as successful as anyone else they hired.

The thing that I find funny is when managers like ancelotti and Jose are written off as being old fashioned yet they still succeed. Jose won United trophies despite being past it. Has won the league twice with Chelsea , won trophies at real, inter , Porto etc yet he is past it. Ancelotti has won something everywhere he goes bar Napoli recently. If past it still wins trophies then what do people expect a top manager to do?

In my opinion there shouldn't be any question about Carlo here. If he fails then it's not him but the players who have failed every other manager before him.
Yes, but success is not just measured in titles. Especially not in clubs like Bayern where winning the league is mandatory.

I do not think anyone writes off Jose and Carlo just because they have grown older, but the trend in recent years has been "system football". Represented through Klopp, Guerdiola, Ten Hag, Pochetino, Bielsa, Gasperini, etc.

There are many differences between these, but what they have in common is that they use some form of high pressure. This is perhaps what has been the most prominent in modern football in the last decade. This is of course not a new concept, but it has been perfected and mixed with other older ideas.

These coaches also have another thing in common. They want to dominate the matches, as attack is the best defense. Now, of course, there are differences between these coaches.

But the third thing they have in common is that they have a clearly defined philosophy, which is guiding for everything they do. How they train, the tactics, and what kind of players they buy, etc.

Both Jose and Carlo like to lie low with the team, and look at having the ball as a risk. They are also pragmatic in their approach, which is exemplified when Carlo says that he works with the players he has. In contrast, Guerdiola makes a full makeover of City's training ground to get them to play football his way.

That said, we should of course give Ancelotti time. It is too early to pass a verdict, and he must get a couple of transfer windows on him. But in the meantime he also has a responsibility to make the team better. He is not immune to criticism, and in recent matches we have appeared absolutely terrible. It's his responsibility, and it's something he has to solve - maybe not today - but over the next season.

Yes, but success is not just measured in titles. Especially not in clubs like Bayern where winning the league is mandatory.

I do not think anyone writes off Jose and Carlo just because they have grown older, but the trend in recent years has been "system football". Represented through Klopp, Guerdiola, Ten Hag, Pochetino, Bielsa, Gasperini, etc.

There are many differences between these, but what they have in common is that they use some form of high pressure. This is perhaps what has been the most prominent in modern football in the last decade. This is of course not a new concept, but it has been perfected and mixed with other older ideas.

These coaches also have another thing in common. They want to dominate the matches, as attack is the best defense. Now, of course, there are differences between these coaches.

But the third thing they have in common is that they have a clearly defined philosophy, which is guiding for everything they do. How they train, the tactics, and what kind of players they buy, etc.

Both Jose and Carlo like to lie low with the team, and look at having the ball as a risk. They are also pragmatic in their approach, which is exemplified when Carlo says that he works with the players he has. In contrast, Guerdiola makes a full makeover of City's training ground to get them to play football his way.

That said, we should of course give Ancelotti time. It is too early to pass a verdict, and he must get a couple of transfer windows on him. But in the meantime he also has a responsibility to make the team better. He is not immune to criticism, and in recent matches we have appeared absolutely terrible. It's his responsibility, and it's something he has to solve - maybe not today - but over the next season.
The funny thing is.

If you got to a cup final, who out of Jose or klopp for example would you have your money on managing the 90 minutes?

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying for the record, you are right in what you say.

I'd just say that for once, it won't be ancelottis fault. It's not his fault we are so bad at the minute, it's the regimes before him. It's not his fault if we struggle for creatively if noone buys him that player. It's not his fault that the same defenders make mistakes as before him they did.

No manager is perfect and we are 3 years away from demanding any sort of standard above mid table. Ancelotti losing a game is no different to pep klopp even Ferguson. I just see the future as being less bad management and more individuals (who are here currently) as being weak links in the chain.

The funny thing is.

If you got to a cup final, who out of Jose or klopp for example would you have your money on managing the 90 minutes?

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying for the record, you are right in what you say.

I'd just say that for once, it won't be ancelottis fault. It's not his fault we are so bad at the minute, it's the regimes before him. It's not his fault if we struggle for creatively if noone buys him that player. It's not his fault that the same defenders make mistakes as before him they did.

No manager is perfect and we are 3 years away from demanding any sort of standard above mid table. Ancelotti losing a game is no different to pep klopp even Ferguson. I just see the future as being less bad management and more individuals (who are here currently) as being weak links in the chain.

If everything else was equal? Well, then I would have put my money on Otto Rehagel or Egil Olsen :)

Of course, it is not CA's fault that we have ended up in this situation, and he must be given time. Here we agree, but it is also his job to make the team function as a unit - both defensively and offensively. It is also his job to get the team to perform better than the individual skills suggest.

Seems these "system football" teams rely on strategic fouling. Also known as cheating.

Eh, the last bit could be debatable. Not now at all, these players are woeful. But if we get recruitment in summer done with class players and we still look like we do now? Yeah, you could see a case being made.

That being said, I don't think I would ever say 'sack him'. I said when he was hired I wasn't sure he was the manager we needed but the gent is genuinely a world class manager. Theres not many in the history of the sport that have won more than he has. And you can still win with 'outdated' tactics as long as the team knows what is expected of them.

And I would be more than fine with it, a great counter is one of the most exciting things in a match. But we have almost none of the players to accomplish that at the moment. We aren't built with absolute speed merchants or people who can get a ball forward quickly We are built with players who are plodding or shirk their responsibility by pointing at another player to pass to.

Carlo knew this season was a write off when he joined.
The only expectation of grander things seemed to come from lads on here.
And I have no idea why or what they had been watching this season to think that way.
We were relegation fodder until Dunc and the Carlo organised them a bit.

I have never felt so disengaged to an Everton squad as I do right now to this bunch of frauds.

Will take a couple of seasons and many inspired signings to turn this around.

Whilst Carlo is a world class manager and I’m over the moon he’s here, what is a tad worrying is how a manager of his pedigree can’t get a group of players to show a bit of fight and passion. Saying that though, I’m happy to put it down to the bunch of cowards (minus two or three) we have at the club at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.