2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo knew this season was a write off when he joined.
The only expectation of grander things seemed to come from lads on here.
And I have no idea why or what they had been watching this season to think that way.
We were relegation fodder until Dunc and the Carlo organised them a bit.

I have never felt so disengaged to an Everton squad as I do right now to this bunch of frauds.

Will take a couple of seasons and many inspired signings to turn this around.
I Holgate, I like Digne, I like Richarlison when he isn't being a diving fanny. I like Gomez but I LIKE Gomez, I don't think he's been great for us since we purchased him. Of course I like Coleman. That's about it.

I Holgate, I like Digne, I like Richarlison when he isn't being a diving fanny. I like Gomez but I LIKE Gomez, I don't think he's been great for us since we purchased him. Of course I like Coleman. That's about it.

Can only agree mate. The rest can go.,. They offer so little. Not one of them has shown me enough this season. Maybe DCL in patches. I am more pleased watching Gordon and Branthwaite having a go than so called first team professionals.

Gomez is our best midfielder by a long stretch, but he looks very average with so much *insult* around him.

But there are teams above us who on paper, as individuals, shouldn't be. Just because you've got s**t players shouldn't mean that you have to accept s**t performances week in week out. CA is being paid £10m. How can anyone accept that he's earned it so far? We've not seen much team shape or any discernible improvement. And as for spirit or entertainment, forget it.
Of course Carlo must be given players and time, but to say I've been disappointed so far is an understatement.

That is it in a nutshell being a manager is about making the most of what you have at your disposal. About motivating them, organising them and about improving the group. I don't think Carlo has done any of that.

It is fine people saying just buy better players. Except you have to be able to attract them and more importantly attract them for the right reason. Since Moshiri has come in we have just thrown money around and attracted mercenaries.

We need to recruit young hungry players who are desperate to improve themselves and above all improve Everton. To do that we need to be seen as an exciting project a Club that is going places. We had a chance at the restart to push on for a European place. We took 7 points from our first 3 games. A draw in the Derby followed by wins against Norwich and Leicester.

We had everything to play for. Going in to the Spurs game we were 5 points from a European place with 2 games in hand. To take 2 points from 4 fixtures against Spurs, Southampton, Wolves and Villa is simply unacceptable. Even worse has been the lack of passion, work ethic and ambition.

Carlo is excellent at being a safe pair of hands. Someone the top players like and enjoy playing for. At the moment that is not what we need, we need someone to build the club up. I am not sure Carlo is the manager we need at the moment. hopefully I am proven wrong.

We started well under him and in my opinion his in game management is up there with the very best. I’m not a huge fan of 4-4-2, but we haven’t got a player even half capable of playing defensive mid so we can't realistically play a three man midfield. We don’t have enough central defenders to play three at the back either.

He is clearly a manager who doesn’t like to scream and shout at his players and instead likes to give them a bit of responsibility. I don’t think we have enough talented and self motivating players to work under a manager like that, especially our midfielders. He needs to get two quality centre mids to play alongside Gomes next season for a three man midfield to move away from 4-4-2.

The likes of Richarlison, DCL, Digne, Holgate, Coleman (although past his best) etc. seem to be the kind of players who want to be the very best they can be and are self motivating. On the other hand, the likes of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin (although he has since departed), and maybe Pickford seem to be happy to coast along without pushing themselves and probably aren’t suited to his style of management.

He's here for the money and got his son on the payroll to keep him company,he'll be gone by December.
Haha. Even the money isn't worth the punishment. He's here for the promises he's been made and the story he's been sold. Let's hope moshiri can deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.