2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If De Gea doesnt cock up it ends 1-1 either way - its not like we battered Utd they were better the 1st half and us the 2nd.

I just have no confidence in about 6 of our starting 11 and thats the problem - the same players making the same mistakes and putting in the same poor performances every week. Against the better sides you get punished and we have done whereas Wolves box clever and nick results against the top sides.

You’ve nailed the reasons. Not enough quality players and individual mistakes. Nothing to do with 4 4 2.

You’ve nailed the reasons. Not enough quality players and individual mistakes. Nothing to do with 4 4 2.

But it is - 442 you need your wide players to actually contribute (Walcott, Iwobi and to a lesser extent Bernard fail to regulary do this in terms of goals/assists) and a CM partnership that can create chances for the front 2 whilst covering the defence effectively well (again we dont have anyone but Gomes who does anything very well)

Digne and certainly Sidibe are more wingbacks than full backs for me as they simply are better going forward than actually defending.

I get Carlo wants to go 442 going forward but for me when half the team just isnt good enough I would shelve it when not playing the lesser sides until the summer when we can get in some actual good players to play this system well enough to get results.

Chelsea A
Liverpool H
Spurs A
Wolves A

Those 4 games I would mix it up.

United have improved measurably since Fernandez came in.

We looked the better team 2nd half with clear deficiencies in the team and a midfielder making his 1st start since a horror injury.

A more competent goalkeeper and less corrupt officials, sees us win that. Hopefully with the right additions we can push the likes of City and the RS in the coming seasons.
If we’d had the united midfield we would have won today. At times watching in the first half it felt like toothache. Davies, Walcott and Siguardsson contributed absolutely nothing. How we managed to arrest the slide at half time, shows the calibre of the manager we have at the club.

But it is - 442 you need your wide players to actually contribute (Walcott, Iwobi and to a lesser extent Bernard fail to regulary do this in terms of goals/assists) and a CM partnership that can create chances for the front 2 whilst covering the defence effectively well (again we dont have anyone but Gomes who does anything very well)

Digne and certainly Sidibe are more wingbacks than full backs for me as they simply are better going forward than actually defending.

I get Carlo wants to go 442 going forward but for me when half the team just isnt good enough I would shelve it when not playing the lesser sides until the summer when we can get in some actual good players to play this system well enough to get results.

Chelsea A
Liverpool H
Spurs A
Wolves A

Those 4 games I would mix it up.

a quicker way to solve your problem, just sign a new keeper.

To be honest I hope we keep playing 442 and keep playing through the teething problems, because its firstly the system Carlo always has preferred and also because it suits our identity as a club.

Of course there will be issues, but I'm very confident Carlo can identify the right players to help improve us.

100%.

Means if you don't fit it, he'll get players that will.

Middle of the park is key.

If we’d had the united midfield we would have won today. At times watching in the first half it felt like toothache. Davies, Walcott and Siguardsson contributed absolutely nothing. How we managed to arrest the slide at half time, shows the calibre of the manager we have at the club.
Sad.........but true.

Said that at half time to a pal. We have above 4-5 quality players. You can’t compete at this level, carrying so many average players.

Clubs like Wolves have the same problem - the difference is they play a system that gets the most out of their "better" players.

For me at present thats 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

442 going forward is fine but only once we've brought in 4-5 players in the summer who are good enough to play it.

Against the top sides we aint at the moment - full backs that cant really defend, weak as pish centre midfield and wide players like Walcott and Iwobi that offer little to nothing on a regular basis.

Clubs like Wolves have the same problem - the difference is they play a system that gets the most out of their "better" players.

For me at present thats 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

442 going forward is fine but only once we've brought in 4-5 players in the summer who are good enough to play it.

Against the top sides we aint at the moment - full backs that cant really defend, weak as pish centre midfield and wide players like Walcott and Iwobi that offer little to nothing on a regular basis.

Carlo plays a 442, fit the system and do what he says or koff

Carlo plays a 442, fit the system and do what he says or koff

Thats fine in the summer when we can get rid of the crap and replace them adequately.

Until then if he persists with it especially in the big games we'll throw away any small hopes of europe as he's been let down by the same wastes of space every week.

What you on about now Lewis
Well if you dont know what you're posting.
Read it all back to yourself , embarassing.

Now you're having a go at the tactics agst the top 6 sides.....deary me.

Same tactics saw two 1-1 draw agst Man utd.
Beat Chelsea 3-1
Robbed by Spurs result
Took the game to City and narrowly lost 2-1
Robbed by Ieanacho's goal at Leicester
Lack of finishing cost us at Arsenal

Liverpool ? Oh.... well erm only Watford have beat them.

Today we were up agst a team with a price tag for just 2 of their players worth more than our team and again robbed.

So stop chattin crap ....you know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.