2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not sensible to judge him on this season. We were in a huge mess and he's evaluating the squad ahead of the summer window.

I think by now he should know who's good enough or not - I still want us competitive as who knows 2 shock results and we are back in the mix for maybe 7th spot.

I just think if we stick with 4-4-2 with the current players we'll get at most 1 point out of these next 2 games and will be 12th/13th in the table which is underwhelming considering the improvement since Silva was booted.

I think by now he should know who's good enough or not - I still want us competitive as who knows 2 shock results and we are back in the mix for maybe 7th spot.

I just think if we stick with 4-4-2 with the current players we'll get at most 1 point out of these next 2 games and will be 12th/13th in the table which is underwhelming considering the improvement since Silva was booted.

The two up top is working a treat, he's trying to keep things simple because these players don't do well with complicated ideas/tactics.

Worst thing about the last 7 days are the results. Performances are on an upward curve, we played some great football 2nd half today, had them pinned back for large parts of the game. Last week, exactly the same, Aeteta had them lined up to defend from 60 minutes onwards.

Frustrating yes, but it's a bloody miracle compared to where we were a few months back. 2 top wingers and a dominant midfielder and we'll be sound.

I love the bloke but for me his record so far against the "top 6" isnt great

City - L
Kopites (cup) L
Arsenal - L
Utd - D

Obviously when we bring in better players we'll improve but I hope he changes it up a little for these next 2 games as its clear its not working / the midfield and wide players are not adequately creating enough / shielding the defence.

I would experiment and put Holgate in CM or go 3-5-2, have the wingbacks pushed further up and the extra man in the middle to compensate.
Stop trying to be an Edgelord you balloon.

To be honest I hope we keep playing 442 and keep playing through the teething problems, because its firstly the system Carlo always has preferred and also because it suits our identity as a club.

Of course there will be issues, but I'm very confident Carlo can identify the right players to help improve us.

You know your on the end of a wrong decision when this incompetent fool, who gave the worst derby refereeing performance in living memory, says we were robbed.
Changed my mind now.

Clearly the right decision, nothing to see here, move along.

United are terrible, officiating/var is appalling, season is now a write off

United have improved measurably since Fernandez came in.

We looked the better team 2nd half with clear deficiencies in the team and a midfielder making his 1st start since a horror injury.

A more competent goalkeeper and less corrupt officials, sees us win that. Hopefully with the right additions we can push the likes of City and the RS in the coming seasons.

Stop trying to be an Edgelord you balloon.

You are literally arguing with facts because its me posting it.

The proof is in the pudding - unless these players are playing against bums like Newcastle or Brighton they are incapable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck.

You really trust Siggurdsson, Davies and Delph up against Liverpool or away at a ground we havent won at in about 20 years?

They are crap lad.

Wolves get results because they flood the midfield, have full backs bombing forward with 2 good strikers.

We literally have 2 wingbacks and not fullbacks (Digne & Sidibe who are both better going forward than actually defending). The 3rd man in midfield will also allow Gomes to push forward and get balls into the front 2.

I've been banging on about 3-5-2 for weeks because at present with our weak ass midfield and useless wide players 442 just isn't suited up against the big boys.

I'm delighted he did what he did. I hope all refs see the grief Cavanagh got and that it weighs on their minds when deciding whether to chalk off our goals in future. The refs in this country are almost to a man the type that can't be arsed dealing with what Cavanagh had to today and we should be properly exploiting that, because it's what all the other top clubs do, rightly or wrongly. I'd expect Klopp and Pep would have been sent off in the same situation.

I can't wait to watch us next season with this fella managing a proper squad.

The proof is in the pudding - unless these players are playing against bums like Newcastle or Brighton they are incapable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck.

You really trust Siggurdsson, Davies and Delph up against Liverpool or away at a ground we havent won at in about 20 years?

They are crap lad.

Wolves get results because they flood the midfield, have full backs bombing forward with 2 good strikers.

We literally have 2 wingbacks and not fullbacks (Digne & Sidibe who are both better going forward than actually defending). The 3rd man in midfield will also allow Gomes to push forward and get balls into the front 2.

I've been banging on about 3-5-2 for weeks because at present with our weak ass midfield and useless wide players 442 just isn't suited up against the big boys.

We drew because of a disallowed goal and a dodgy keeper. 4 4 2 is fine.

To be honest I hope we keep playing 442 and keep playing through the teething problems, because its firstly the system Carlo always has preferred and also because it suits our identity as a club.

Of course there will be issues, but I'm very confident Carlo can identify the right players to help improve us.

I have no problem playing 442 against the teams outside the top 6 as we can match them - but I just think against the top 6 until we bring in more Richarlison's and Gomes' through the door we should box clever and just keep it tight.

Last 2 games we have scored in the opening 5 minutes and not gone on to win - that's something that needs looking at.

They are crap lad.

I suggest you read back your pre match posts on here today ...Thoroughly...before you ever pass comment on here again.

We drew because of a disallowed goal and a dodgy keeper. 4 4 2 is fine.

If De Gea doesnt cock up it ends 1-1 either way - its not like we battered Utd they were better the 1st half and us the 2nd.

I just have no confidence in about 6 of our starting 11 and thats the problem - the same players making the same mistakes and putting in the same poor performances every week. Against the better sides you get punished and we have done whereas Wolves box clever and nick results against the top sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.